More news on Fred's ultimate sleeper

Guest fredtoast

Guest fredtoast
Most of you have probably seen my posts about Albert Toeaina the OT from Tennessee. He is 6'5" and played at over 350 while at Tennessee. He is considered a raw prospect because he was a juco transfer and only played two seasons at UT. However he was good enough to start for both those years and helped the Vols win the SEC East in '04 when they had two 1,000 yard rushers. His pass blocking skills are a little scetchy, and there was some talk of him moving to guard in the NFL, but I couldn't believe that he wasn't even invited to the combine.

Toeaina must have taken the snub personally because he blew everyone away at UT's pro day workout. He weighed 328, did 38 reps on the bench, and ran a 4.9 forty. Those numbers would have made him both the strongest AND the fastest offensive lineman at the combine. Bunkley and Kundla are the only players at the combine with at least 38 bench reps.

yesterday I called into a local sports talk radio show to discuss UT's pro day (I was looking for more info on DT Jesse Mahelona), and the host told me that there was some talk among NFL scouts about moving Toeaina to DT.

I think Toeaina has worked his way into the first day of the draft, but wouldn't he be the ultimate sleeper if he fell to the second day?

Archived