Detailed Scouting Reports - ALL OF THEM

Guest fredtoast

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='239876' date='Mar 28 2006, 02:19 PM'][quote name='fredtoast' post='239862' date='Mar 28 2006, 02:01 PM']
I like either Klopfenstein or Thomas Davis in the second round.[/quote]

I like both, but they both will be around in the 3rd, and David Thomas (not thomas davis) will probably be around in the 4th.
[/quote]

:lol: Yeah, I meant David Thomas. Guess I've been having BadAssBengal flashbacks from last years draft posts.

BTW I don't think Thomas will last to the fourth round.

Guest fredtoast
[quote name='akiliMVP' post='239875' date='Mar 28 2006, 02:18 PM'][quote name='fredtoast' post='239851' date='Mar 28 2006, 01:45 PM']
I've had my eye on Cofield for a while. After his performance at the combine I don't see any way that he lasts past the 3rd round. Here are how his numbers stacked up against the other DTs that worked out.

Short Shuttle...1st
10 yd dash......1st
20 yd dash......2nd
40 yd dash......2nd
Cone Drill........2nd
Vertical jump...2nd
Bench.............4th

I know that combine numbers are not as important as what the coaches see on film, but look at how productive he was against top flight competition in the Big Ten (2nd team All Big Ten, 65 tkls, 6.5 tfl, 6 forced fumbles, 1 int, 1 blk kick). I think Cofield has worked his way up into the third round (Especially with DTs like Mahelona and Wroten falling fast), and I'd love to get him with our late pick in that round.[/quote]
The more I read about Cofield the more I want him. He's a perfect fit for our defense: very athletic, strong, good size (not a fatass), good character, and he can make plays sideline to sideline.
[/quote]

And ZERO history of injuries. That is pretty impressive for a guy who played a lot as a freshman and then started 36 games.

Archived