Has anyone had a new home built recently?

Guest BengalsOwn

Guest BengalsOwn

We're looking into building a new home, and I was wondering if you guys had any experiences. We really like TK Constructors, they built my parents house about 10 years ago and it turned out great. Wayne Homes seems to have some nice looking homes, but I haven't looked at their quality yet. I guess what we need to do is start going to different models. Thanks for your input.

First though we have to find some land, and finding 1 acre that isn't a part of a new subdivision for a decent price is almost impossible :rolleyes:

We're looking into building a new home, and I was wondering if you guys had any experiences. We really like TK Constructors, they built my parents house about 10 years ago and it turned out great. Wayne Homes seems to have some nice looking homes, but I haven't looked at their quality yet. I guess what we need to do is start going to different models. Thanks for your input.

First though we have to find some land, and finding 1 acre that isn't a part of a new subdivision for a decent price is almost impossible  :rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sounds like you need to get out a little further. If you can find a older type farmhouse with 2-3 acres,stay in the old house while the new one is built could be the ticket. Just a thought. :)

Guest BengalsOwn
Sounds like you need to get out a little further. If you can find a older type farmhouse with 2-3 acres,stay in the old house while the new one is built could be the ticket. Just a thought. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We're trying to stay in the Farmersville/Germantown area (definitely out there :lol: but it's not too far away from the Dayton Mall and downtown Dayton). I really don't want to spend more than $30 or $40 thousand on the land, and we already have a home to live in while it is being built.

I am guessing that the trading post is the place to look for land though, because it's not worth getting a realtor to sell your land, considering how easy it is to sell these days.

We're trying to stay in the Farmersville/Germantown area (definitely out there :lol: but it's not too far away from the Dayton Mall and downtown Dayton). I really don't want to spend more than $30 or $40 thousand on the land, and we already have a home to live in while it is being built.

I am guessing that the trading post is the place to look for land though, because it's not worth getting a realtor to sell your land, considering how easy it is to sell these days.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Suprised that your having trouble finding land in Germantown. Expect everything to take twice as long as it is supposed to when building a house.

Guest BengalsOwn
Suprised that your having trouble finding land in Germantown.  Expect everything to take twice as long as it is supposed to when building a house.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

On realtor.com there is one property that is somewhat affordable in Germantown($45,000), but it's in a subdivision. I want to choose my own builder, and when the house is done I want to do all of the landscape work, concrete work, etc. by myself as I can afford it, so that may take a couple of years to get the outside looking decent and that wouldn't be good in a high $ subdivision :lol:

I wouldn't mind moving out some just to have a lot big enough for a pole barn so I can keep my boat in during the winter and also not be so cooped up with other people next to me. It's starting to get a little busy in my subdivision. <_<

But I will end up in florida if I have my way in my later years. Sun,water,and good seafood. :D

Never been a fan of subdivisions or new homes. Gimme something 50+ years old that's not located in shopping mall inspired neighborhood, por favor.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I dont know. I'm not going to have to worry about replacing windows/roof/furnace/etc... for 30years. Plus everything is exactly the way i want it.

Guest BengalsOwn
Never been a fan of subdivisions or new homes. Gimme something 50+ years old that's not located in shopping mall inspired neighborhood, por favor.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'd rather have a new home that is located in the country myself. I don't ever want to buy a home that is 50+ years old again, too many headaches. It'll be nice to have one built and reduce the chances of something happening for the next 20 years of my life.

Guest BengalsOwn
sorry for the ignorance, but what is  "subdivisions" ??????

My definition from what i have heard here, woudl be like industrial parks, where you get all the benefits of water, energy and stuff, but I still dont get the entire meaning.

In advance Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's a neighborhood with new homes sitting on about .25 acres, with soccer mom's all over the place.

Like this:

85.JPEG

Guest BengalsOwn
Thats what I'm doing right now....except i think i'm surrounded by old people.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:lol:

I wouldn't be able to live in a place like that, even if I could afford to have it all done at once, because I would make too much noise working on cars and stuff.

Yep and the only thing bad with some of these new subdivisions they have like a council or board that decides what you can do or not do yada yada yada like you can't put out certain lighting or park your boat there for a day or two or babs might get pissed,you have to have the same garbage cans,can only put out 1 can.

You get the picture.

Archived