4.13.06 Mock

Round 1: [b]Richard Marshall - CB[/b]

- Word is that Marvin was pretty irate with Tory and his run support. Marshall brings a playmaking presence as well as a nasty streak in the run game to the Bengals secondary.

Round 2: [b]Mark Anderson - DE[/b]

- Really elevated his stock this offseason in all workouts and "all-star" game, Anderson should easily compete with Robert G @ RDE for the starting spot.

Round 3: [b]Tim Day - TE[/b]

- He's getting knocked for not being strong blocker but reports from the E/W Shrine game say otherwise, Day also has experince along an offensive line before. He's the got the frame to be a good NFL blocker and would be an excellent red zone threat.

Round 4: [b]Dawan Landry - SS/FS[/b]

- A guy who will need a little bit of development but produced very solidly for 3 years as a starter. Former QB who is rather stocky @ 6-0-220, IMO, if he can lose 15 pounds, he'll gain that little bit of speed that he's missing.

Round 5: [b]Tommy Jackson - DT[/b]

- Tommy is one of the more pure run-stuffers in this draft. He's a big talker but is a marvin type player. He's smart, he's a leader, he's got a great motor for a guy his size. The other thing I really like about this player is his 63-3 High School wrestling record, so he's very good using his hands, his leverage and weight, all things a DT must do.

Round 6: [b]Troy Reddick - OT[/b]

Troy has some character issues but he's a fine OT and has played other positions before. He plays with a nasty streak and if the Bengals could get his attitude turned around, he will look like a great pick in a few years.

Round 7(1): [b]Domenik Hixon - WR[/b]

- This guy just came onto the scense and there is some debate as to where he'll go but if he's there in the beginning of the 7th, I'll take him.

I like his +'s (From NFLDC)

Strengths:
Has excellent size and a solid frame...A smooth athlete with great timed speed and quickness...Is very physical and plays with a defensive mentality...Has good hands...Runs well after the catch...Smart and a hard worker with top intangibles.

Round 7(2): [b]Darrell Adams - DE[/b]

- This pick is basically for DE Depth, could turn out to be a decent player as a back-up @ LDE.

Archived