BENGALS 2007 1ST ROUND PICK LEON HALL

Guest oldschooler

Guest schotzee
Top pick Hall 'calm, very coachable'
Click-2-Listen
By Chick Ludwig

Staff Writer

Monday, April 30, 2007

CINCINNATI — Sharply dressed in a gray suit and a blue tie, Bengals cornerback Leon Hall toured Paul Brown Stadium on Sunday.

With fiancee Jessica Cobb at his side — the couple will exchange wedding vows July 14 — Hall's visit culminated with a news conference.

Some highlights:

• "Growing up as a kid, you play in the yard and always watch NFL football. As I got older, I started to love the game. Everybody growing up has a dream to play in the NFL, and it was one of my dreams. I'm trying to fulfill that now."

• "I considered all the schools on the West Coast, like the Pac-10, but (Michigan) was the only place where I really pictured myself. It was the only place I wanted to go."

• "If I keep working hard in the off-season program, I can come in and contribute — maybe inside at nickel. I can adjust well, and I'm very coachable. I'm able to play a lot of different coverages — bump-and-run, off coverages (zone) and cover-2. I'm also a good character guy. I am careful with the people I put myself around, and I stay out of trouble."

• "I'm a mature player. I don't get too rattled. I'm calm. I take that onto the field. If something bad happens, I don't overreact. I just try to adjust and get it right the next time."

• "I pride myself in being a complete player. I remember my freshman year (at Michigan). Older players would tease me. They told the coach I was only a cover corner. That type of thing motivates me. When you play at Michigan for (coordinator) Ron English, you have to be able to tackle. You have to be tough."

• "I talked to (Bengals cornerback) Johnathan Joseph. I definitely think it's good for us to bond on and off the field as corners, and also as a secondary, and help the defense to play well."

• "I look at (Denver's Champ Bailey) as the top in the NFL. That's where I want to be one day."

• "Because of my mom (dying) and my dad not really being there, I had to grow up early. Before every game, I dedicate it to her."

[url="http://www.daytondailynews.com/s/content/oh/story/sports/pro/bengals/2007/04/30/ddn043007hallqa.html"]http://www.daytondailynews.com/s/content/o...3007hallqa.html[/url]

Archived