Elijah Dukes goes off

Guest WhoDeyForever

Guest WhoDeyForever
Troubled Tampa Bay Devils Rays outfielder Elijah Dukes called Tampa radio station WDAE to get a few things off his chest. What transpired was one of the more interesting 10-plus minutes of sports talk.

Earlier in the show, Dukes' estranged wife Ni'Shea Gilbert called in to talk about her soon-to-be ex-husband. With the Devil Rays in Arizona, someone must have have called Dukes and informed him of her appearance on the radio. Dukes called in and went to town on a variety of topics, including his ex-wife's background, his mom's alleged use of crack cocaine, the fact that he can't see his kids, his alleged relationship with a 17-year-old girl, his anger issues and his recent benching.

"Ni'Shea Dukes, who you also called ... featuring as a good wife and a stand-up type of person, is not so stand-up after all," Dukes said. "First of all you need to get a little bit of her background. She was not born as a Paris Hilton or nothing like that to be trying to talk all proper. ... You all need to go to the house and see what I've done for my kids. ... If she wouldn't have been trying to steal my money the whole time we've been trying to talk, we would probably still be together right now. Everything is about money."

On Gilbert's claim that Duke told her his mom had a crack problem, Dukes said: "First of all, I never said nothing about crack because I don't know nothing about crack. ... I never told anyone my mom smoked crack."

On his alleged anger issues: "No, I don't need no help. Everybody needs guidance. Do I need guidance. Yes, I need guidance. ... How many times have I ever shot someone? How many times have I ever stabbed someone? How many times have I ever went to jail for brutally beating somebody? Never!

On the alleged report that he impregnated a 17-year-old: "Me and her did something one time, and it was not even close to the time she conceived this baby. I know for a fact it's not mine."

Go to this link to listen to it.

[url="http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18227/1h/cchannel.download.akamai.com/18227/podcast/TAMPA-FL/WDAE-AM/ELIJAH%20WITH%20RON%20%26%20IAN.mp3?CPROG=PCAST&MARKET=TAMPA-FL&NG_FORMAT=sports&SITE_ID=1124&STATION_ID=WDAE-AM&PCAST_AUTHOR=620_WDAE_The_Sports_Animal&PCAST_CAT=WDAE_Personalities&PCAST_TITLE=Ron_and_Ian"]http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18227/1h/...'s_Podcasts[/url]

Archived