John From Cincinnati

BENGALS666

Is this show a completely regrettable mistake for HBO and David Milch or is it just me?
If they renew it for a 2nd I'll be shocked..
Killing off Deadwood over the cost of sets and wardrobe then basically trying to recapture "the magic" on a smaller budget seems like a slap in the face to premium cable subscribers - especially when fees are steadily going up..
At least half same cast playing similary "angry for no reason" characters, speaking that same prose dialogue from Deadwood but now in a convenient SoCal setting - add in a kid that can't act at all as focus character surfing prodigy and it seems to me like a failed attempt at making lightening strike twice.. I can buy off on 3/4 of the cast gathering in the town's watering hole in a Deadwood type setting but it just seems ridiculous that the same group would constantly be randomly rejoining in a local motel parking lot in Imperial Beach....
Anyone else have an opinion on the show?

i'm currently hooked on the show, but am a couple of episodes away from giving up on it. If they don't start giving some clues as to what is going on, i'm just going to turn it off. I also fear that the show will get canceled before they resolve thing(like jericho,windfall and several other shows i got into).

Archived