John Rocker's still at it

Guest Bengal_Smoov

Guest Bengal_Smoov
John Rocker put his entire leg in his mouth, yet again, this time he compares the self-inflicted struggles he's had to endure because of his poor pitching and ignorant remarks to what hall-of-famers and American heroes Jackie Robinson and Hank Aaron had to face when they played baseball. Rocker made himself famous not for his play, but for saying dumb shit a few years ago when he was a pitcher for the Braves; I believe he made some comments about New Yorkers, minorities, and gays. Since then he has pitched himself into the minors and he's struggling there with a 0-2 record and a 15.34 ERA. Hopefully management will see that this jerk is not a good pitcher and he's bad for baseball.

[quote]May 12, 2005 -- It takes a lot these days to get Buck O'Neil's blood boiling. Long Island Ducks pitcher John Rocker has done it.
The 93-year-old Negro League pioneer was taken aback by the most recent Rocker remarks in which the lefty compared himself to Jackie Robinson and Hank Aaron for the flak he's taking from his 1999 remarks against minorities and gays.

Rocker, the former Braves hurler now a reliever for the Ducks, said last week, "[b]I've taken a lot of crap from a lot of people, probably more than anybody in the history of the sport. I know Hank and Jackie took a good deal of crap but I guarantee it wasn't for six years. I just keep thinking, how much am I supposed to take[/b]?"

O'Neil, who is chairman of the board of the Negro Baseball Museum in Kansas City, said yesterday he was stunned.

"No way, no way, no way. [b]Few people in life went through the things they went through," O'Neil told The Post. "Nobody is threatening his life. He made some stupid remarks and it looks like he's still making them[/b]."

Rocker, who didn't pitch last night in the Ducks' 7-0 victory over Camden at Central Islip's Citibank Park, has been awful his past three outings, allowing six walks and four hits and three runs in 12/3 innings. He is 0-2 with a 15.43 ERA and is threatening to boycott the media.

"[b]The greatest part is Henry and Jackie survived it and they grew from it," O'Neil said. "Rocker needs to get out there and get somebody out.[/b] He's crying. Comparing himself to them and what they went through, those guys went on to become Hall of Famers and superstars. He's still trying to make the major leagues. No comparison whatsoever."

Ducks co-owner Bud Harrelson did not condone Rocker's remarks.

"He just has to watch what he says; if he's not going to be careful what he says, he needs not to say much," the ex-Met said. "Silence is OK. He's decided to not talk and just pitch and I think that's a good thing. He needs his performance to be the answer to it. If he's not effective, he won't be getting a job, obviously."[/quote]

This Rocker character is unbelieveable, what reality is he living in?

Rocker has reached the point of beyond stupidity. I wonder if this isn't a publicity stunt to get his name back out there and possibly get another chance with a major league club. Personally, I just think he is really stupid and when a reporter hits him with the right questions, the reporter hits a gold mine, and gets to write the story of his life.

To compare his abuse with that recieved by Robinson and Aaron is assinine. First of all, they didn't do anything to deserve their treatment. They were just black. Rocker made dumb ass remarks, and got what he should have expected to get. And he is right, they didn't hear it for 6 years, they heard it for a whole lot more. What a joke.

Archived