If Obama could run a 3rd time in a row.....

Go Skins

http://wtop.com/africa/2015/07/white-house-notebook-third-term-obama-says-no-thanks/

ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia (AP) — Could President Barack Obama win a third term in office? He’s convinced that he could, but would really rather not.

Obama used his own history of electoral success to rib African leaders who overstay their welcomes by refusing to leave office after their terms expire. In his speech Tuesday at the African Union headquarters, he conceded unfamiliarity with that concept because as a second-term U.S. president, he’s constitutionally barred from running again.

“I actually think I’m a pretty good president,” Obama said. “I think if I ran, I could win. But I can’t!”

That’s just fine with the president. Obama said he’s looking forward to leaving behind the trappings of office, including his presidential security detail, and having more flexibility to do things like travel to Africa after he leaves the White House. He said although he’s still relatively young, he knows a new president with new insights will be good for the U.S.

“The point is, I don’t understand why people want to stay so long,” Obama said with a sly grin. “Especially when they’ve got a lot of money.”

Archived