Bengals Legend Anthony Muñoz Uses Joe Burrow as Teaching Example: 'Watch Joe'

Cincinnati has one of the best quarterbacks on the planet.

CINCINNATI — Pro Football Hall of Famer Anthony Muñoz knows a thing or two about great quarterback play and gave his latest thoughts on Joe Burrow to Jim Rome this week.

The best-left tackle in Bengals history says he goes to every home game when Burrow is out there.

"Joe is the real deal," Muñoz said to Rome. "We got to keep Joe healthy, upright. But man that guy, every part of his game, I just sit there and I'm amazed. I go to every home game when he's playing. And I watch him. The way the guys fight for him. You hear guys talk about it. They love him, they love playing for him. You have free agents come in, have dinner with him, and say, 'I gotta come play with this guy.'

"He has the 'It.' And you know, we got a guy that again, if he stays healthy, then he's gonna play a long time. But I just love watching him play. I have a bunch of grandkids. There's a couple that are around a lot, seventh and eighth graders, pretty good athletes, and I say, 'Watch Joe, how he handles adversity and success.'"

Cincinnati has experienced great heights with Burrow, as the organization tries to keep him healthy for full seasons moving forward at a higher rate (missed the end of half his NFL seasons so far).

A new-looking offensive staff is tasked with that big goal in 2024.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/allbengals-insiders-plus/bengals-legend-anthony-muñoz-uses-joe-burrow-as-teaching-example-watch-joe