Larry Elder's new DVD blows away Michael Moore!

TrentonPizzaGuy

Michael Moore is a liar, a hypocrite, and an exploiter who will use tragedy and its victims to his own ends.

In [i]"Bowling for Columbine,"[/i] Michael Moore ultimately concludes that there's simply too many guns in America in the hands of the peons.

But the facts show that the number of annual defensive gun uses (that is, the number of times us little people use a gun to stop, if not prevent, crimes against us,) is between 100,000 and 2.5 million. As [url="http://www.davekopel.com"][b]David Kopel[/b][/url] of the Independence Institute says, "it's not a trivial number."

[url="http://www.davekopel.com"][b]Larry Elder[/b][/url], the "firebrand Libertarian" radio and television talk show host from Los Angeles, self-financed a documentary called [i]"Michael & Me[/i] that takes Moore's assertions and blows them away with fact and reason.

It kicks off with the outrageous case of Ronald Dixon, a former naval officer and registered gun owner (in Florida,) who caught a man named Ivan Thompson, a career felon with a fourteen-page rap sheet, in his two-year-old son's bedroom of their Brooklyn home. Dixon wounded Thompson. Not only did the notoriously anti-gun Brooklyn district attorney Charles Hyans prosecute Thompson, he insisted that Dixon be charged with possession of an illegal firearm. When it was proven that Dixon was in the process of getting it registered in New York, the charges were downgraded to disorderly conduct and sentenced to three days in jail. Ironically, Dixon served his three days in the same facility Thompson was serving his: Rikers Island Penitentiary.

Included in this outstanding DVD are interviews with well-known Moore critics: Kopel, David T. Hardy, Kenn Blanchard, and Texas State Representative Dr. Suzanna Gratia-Hupp, whose mother and father were killed in a shooting at a Killeen, Texas restaurant by George Hennard. It also contains two heartrending scenes: a victim of a brutal rape who believes that she would not have been attacked had she been armed, and Darrell Scott, the father of two victims of the Columbine High School shooting, giving testimony to a House committee saying that if he believed the NRA was responsible for his daughter's murder, he would be their strongest opponent, and said that more gun laws would not have stopped Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris.

Also, Larry Elder managed to track down Michael Moore himself and got a few soundbites of anti-gun rhetoric. A humorous animation of a fictional Elder/Moore interview sees the cartoon Moore literally sweating off the pounds under Elder's intense questioning. At the end, "Moore" flips out.

There are many people: cops, polititicans, professors, and average citizens who believe the Second Amendment is an inalienable, individual right to keep and bear arms.

[i]"Michael & Me[/i] sets the record straight and demystifies guns and armed self-defense. People on both sides of the Second Amendment will benefit from a viewing of "Michael & Me." If you're pro-gun, "Michael & Me" will likely reaffirm your beliefs; if you're anti-gun, it will likely lead you to question whether you've been given the facts about an armed citizenry.

Guest BlackJesus
[i][b]Also this issue doesn't really arise much indignation in me, because I support the right of people to own 2 single shot guns a piece....

Just not bazookas and Oozies [/b][/i]

Guest BlackJesus
[url="ftp://ftp.smoovenet.com/pub/cartmanland/rare/larryelder.zip"]ftp://ftp.smoovenet.com/pub/cartmanland/rare/larryelder.zip[/url]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] Hilarious Clip - SouthPark on Larry Elder [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

I definitely support our right to own guns..

But I'm not sure how much of a come back this is against Bowling for Columbine. Obviously that movie addresses the issues of gun ownership, especially the procurement of them.

(I also happen to support registration and back ground checks. There is simply no valid argument against making someone wait a a few days to buy a gun...)

But Bowling for Columbine also points out that other countries who have legalized guns don't have the kind of problems we have with gun violence. I think the movie was far more about the fact that we are a violent society than it was about gun ownership... Basically it was more "Why do Americans kill each other so much?" than "Guns are why we kill each other".

A lot of people who have never seen it make this mistake. I also though this before I saw it, and due to this, I didn't see it until it came on cable.

I'm not saying that I agree with all the points he tried to make in the film.. And I recognize that Michael Moore is basically a propagandist. But I think he addressed some interesting points, and it is a lot more open ended than most of his work.

Archived