Bengals | Team might have interest in C. Davis

Bengals | Team might have interest in C. Davis
Sat, 1 Apr 2006 08:27:29 -0800

Tom Kubat, of the Journal and Courier, reports Purdue TE Charles Davis said the Cincinnati Bengals seem pretty interested in drafting him. When asked when or who will likely select him in the draft, Davis replied, "It's just a big waiting game now. From what I gathered at the combine and first pro day, it seemed like Cincinnati was pretty interested. But you really don't know."

Seems like a good second day pick.

[size=3][b]Tight End | Senior | Purdue
Charles Davis[/b][/size]
Height: 6-3 1/4 | Weight: 254 | 40-Time: 4.91

Official Bio

[u]Strengths:[/u]
Has excellent size and the frame to get bigger still...Is a tremendous natural athlete with good quickness...Has soft, reliable hands and displays good body control...Fine pass catcher who is a threat in the short to intermediate zones.

[u]Weaknesses:[/u]
Does not have very good speed...Won't be a threat to stretch the field...Is not the blocker he should be for a guy his size...Needs to work on and refine his technique...Upside is limited and may never be more than a backup in the pros.

[u]Notes:[/u]
Also played basketball in the Big 10 for the Boilermakers...[b]Was named the "Player you'd least want to meet in a dark alley" in a poll of Big Ten players...[/b]Has the physical tools to be a solid all-around tight end at the next level...The type of player who will never be a star but could be a solid contributer in the NFL.

Guest Bengal_Smoov
I like Davis, I hope we do draft him. He was a two sport athlete at Purdue playing basketball as well, but he's no Antonio Gates. However he is a good enough athlete that he be an effective TE.

Archived