NBA Soap Opera

OK...here's another reason to just put the NBA into the trash bin of pro sports...

So Kobe Bryant, who admitted, at the VERY least, to having an affair outside of marriage (his FIRST time, right? Or, rather the FIRST time he was caught or charged with rape over it anyway!) is pissed that Karl Malone ALLEGEDLY hit on his wife!?!? And now Kobe's the caring husband? Gimme a break...adultery is rampant in the entertainment industry period, which includes pro sports, and so now a self-admitted adulterer is mad because a teammate MIGHT have hit on his wife? HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAA What a fucking joke...but read for yourself:

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- The Kobe Bryant-Karl Malone feud has turned personal, with Bryant accusing Malone of making a pass at his wife at a game.

"He was like a mentor, like a brother to me, so when something like that happens, you're upset, you're hurt," Bryant said Sunday night before the Los Angeles Lakers played the Orlando Magic.

Malone has been recuperating from knee surgery, and last Tuesday his agent said he didn't plan to return to the Lakers because of comments Bryant made in a radio interview. Bryant spoke about the Lakers having to look over their shoulders, wondering whether Malone was going to play again.

Malone's agent, Dwight Manley, said then that Malone was furious at Bryant, and also said private, personal attacks were involved, but would not elaborate.

Bryant elaborated plenty on Sunday.

He said he had phoned Malone, who has a home near Bryant's in Newport Beach, after Vanessa Bryant told her husband on Nov. 23 that Malone had made inappropriate comments to her that night at the game at Staples Center.

Bryant said he called Malone and told him, "Stay away from my wife. What's wrong with you? How could you?"

Malone was unavailable for comment Sunday.

According to Manley, however, Malone said he had never made a pass at Bryant's wife, that he initially was surprised at the accusation, and that he apologized to both Bryant and his wife for any remarks she may have considered inappropriate.

"Karl's response to Kobe's comments today is that he's a basketball player and not a soap opera actor and he doesn't intend to be involved in a personal soap opera," Manley said of his client.

Bryant said he obviously was surprised by Malone's remarks to his wife.

"The comments that he said, I don't know any man in this room that wouldn't be upset about that," Bryant said in the Lakers' locker room. "The past month, myself, my wife, [Malone's wife] Kaye, we've had fun together.

"We've been out to their house, just joking around, giving each other a hard time, just clowning, being sarcastic with one another, baby-sitting kids and all that."

Asked if there could have been a misunderstanding, Bryant said, "What he said is what he said. I believe in my heart that it wasn't a misunderstanding.

`My wife wasn't going to stand for it. She felt uncomfortable being around him to the point that she felt she had to call his wife and tell her."

Bryant said Malone didn't deny making the comments, and told him during their phone conversation, "Aw, you know, I'm sorry if I said anything that was out of line."

Malone, 41, told the Lakers on Oct. 1 he was still recovering from arthroscopic surgery he underwent three months earlier on his right knee and wasn't ready to play. But he didn't rule out returning at some point this season or beyond.

Malone, the second-leading scorer in NBA history, opted out of his $1.65 million contract following last season, making him a free agent.

Despite his obvious anger toward Malone, Bryant said he would be able to separate his personal feelings if Malone should rejoin the Lakers.

"If he could come back and play for us and help us out, I'm happy to embrace him as a teammate," Bryant said. `But only as a teammate."

Bryant is the defendant in a civil lawsuit accusing him of rape. The lawsuit seeks unspecified damages for pain, scorn and ridicule the woman says she has suffered since her encounter with Bryant at the Vail-area resort where she worked in June 2003.

Guest BlackJesus

Kobe is a huge fucking joke.....

He has now alienated 3 hall of famers.

Shaq, Phil Jackson & karl Malone. And since when , do accused rapists who call their conceares and ask for some midnight ass, get to make National accusations that guys are hitting on his wife??? uhhhh newflash Kobe, your wife proably should go and fuck all of your teammates to get back at your sorry ass.

Nothing says "Hey baby I eternally love you but like to fuck teenage hotel workers like Tattooing our names together on my arm....."

ap-kobe-tattoo-200.jpg

I also recall Kobe buying his wife a diamond ring with a rock on it the size of a chicken mcnugget AFTER he admitted to having an "affair".

Nothing says I'm sorry than a million-dollar diamond, unless of course you can't afford one...

What a piece of shit...I hope Shaq throttles him when they play each other...

Not that I'll be watching, it IS the NBA, after all...it's the Jerry Springer of pro sports!

Guest BengalsOwn

I get the feeling that Kobe has a problem with lying in order to make himself look better.

It's just a feeling though :rolleyes:

I don't wish injuries on anyone unless they deserve it, so with that being said, I wish Kobe would destroy his knee and be forced to retire.

Guest Bengal_Smoov

Appearantly Malone said he was "hunting little Mexican girls", when asked by Kobe's wife why we dressed in a cowboy hat and boots. That comment made her so mad that she had to call Malone's wife and tell her what Karl said. Kobe is a fucking joke though, nothing says I'm sorry like 4 million dollar diamond ring. If anything, he should swap wives with Malone, Malone's wife is hot.

Toby, I mean Kobe is a clown who takes himself way to serious. I would love to see Malone smack the shit out of Kobe, ya'll know Kobe's bitch-made. Remember when Chris Childs of the Knicks smacked the shit out of Kobe and Kobe just look at him, like "hey, why did you do that" *smack*. All Karl would need to do is drop one of those elbows on him and it good night Irene.

Guest bengalrick
Appearantly Malone said he was "hunting little Mexican girls", when asked by Kobe's wife why we dressed in a cowboy hat and boots.  That comment made her so mad that she had to call Malone's wife and tell her what Karl said.  Kobe is a fucking joke though, nothing says I'm sorry like 4 million dollar diamond ring.  If anything, he should swap wives with Malone, Malone's wife is hot. 

Toby, I mean Kobe is a clown who takes himself way to serious.  I would love to see Malone smack the shit out of Kobe, ya'll know Kobe's bitch-made.  Remember when Chris Childs of the Knicks smacked the shit out of Kobe and Kobe just look at him, like "hey, why did you do that" *smack*.  All Karl would need to do is drop one of those elbows on him and it good night Irene.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

isn't it funny how we were fed, for many years, that kobe was the next jordan and his reputation was clean as a whistle... its far from that now...

Guest Bengal_Smoov
isn't it funny how we were fed, for many years, that kobe was the next jordan and his reputation was clean as a whistle... its far from that now...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nobody's as clean as they want to others to believe, everybody's got skeletons. The problem with Kobe is that he believed his own bullshit. I remember Kobe saying he didn't hang out with his teammates at clubs or whatever because they aren't his "thing", like he is better than them because he didn't hang out. Appearantly, Kobe's "thing" is to butt-fuck :blink: whores and buy multi-million dollar rings to make up for it, no wonder he did want to hang out.

Guest BlackJesus

Malone should have said:

"hunting 22 year old slutty latina gold diggers who koosh their tacos, marry NBA stars then let them fuck the hotel staff, and deserve a little Magical Mayo injection from the Mailman of love"

That would have been classic

Guest bengalrick
Nobody's as clean as they want to others to believe, everybody's got skeletons.  The problem with Kobe is that he believed his own bullshit.  I remember Kobe saying he didn't hang out with his teammates at clubs or whatever because they aren't his "thing", like he is better than them because he didn't hang out. Appearantly, Kobe's "thing" is to butt-fuck :blink: whores and buy multi-million dollar rings to make up for it, no wonder he did want to hang out.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i'd say his rep took a hit when everyone found out he cheated on his wife, and it could have been rape (well, sort of rape...) but anyway, they just looked past it for all those years b/c they liked those numbers... i am amazed that through all those court dates and everything last year, he still did as well as he did...

Malone should have said:

"hunting 22 year old slutty latina gold diggers who koosh their tacos, marry NBA stars then let them fuck the hotel staff, and deserve a little Magical Mayo injection from the Mailman of love"

That would have been classic

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:lol::lol::lol:

Archived