Majewski at it again...

JBandJoeyV

Guest CincyInDC
[quote name='TheChosenOne' post='299271' date='Jul 23 2006, 03:18 PM']OK I have nothing else to say on this outing, Majewski just plain sucked.

Milton had pitched pretty well too. Went 6 and 2/3, only gave up two runs and they were both in the second inning. Now gets charged with two more.[/quote]

Maybe Bowden knew something Krivisky didn't. I watched Majewski for 1.5 years and never thought he was anything special. He was never THIS bad, though.

Narron keeps Majewski in and he pitches a 1-2-3 8th inning with two strikeouts...

[quote name='CincyInDC' post='299273' date='Jul 23 2006, 03:21 PM']I watched Majewski for 1.5 years and never thought he was anything special. He was never THIS bad, though.[/quote]

He's better than most of the relievers we had... or at least I thought he was. But lately it feels like the whole bullpen is pitching well except him (and except Weathers but I guess that's sort of a given).

Guest CincyInDC
[quote name='TheChosenOne' post='299277' date='Jul 23 2006, 03:30 PM']Narron keeps Majewski in and he pitches a 1-2-3 8th inning with two strikeouts...
He's better than most of the relievers we had... or at least I thought he was. But lately it feels like the whole bullpen is pitching well except him (and except Weathers but I guess that's sort of a given).[/quote]

Intermittent flashes of greatness are more frustrating than flat-out shitty play. I look forward to the day when I don't have misgivings about Majewski entering the game.

Let's get some runs, Red Legs!

Home run #8 for Brandon Phillips to finally put the Reds on the scoreboard! :headbang:

[quote name='CincyInDC' post='299280' date='Jul 23 2006, 03:34 PM']Intermittent flashes of greatness are more frustrating than flat-out shitty play.[/quote]

I agree, at least we can count on Weathers to suck. :rolleyes:

Majewski seems to have been used alot by the Nationals this year.
After pitching today he has pitched 59.2 innings in relief.
Thats 10.2 more innings than Coffey and 14 more innings than Weathers.
The next closet relief pitcher is Bray with 28 innings.

[quote name='CTA513' post='299287' date='Jul 23 2006, 03:40 PM']Majewski seems to have been used alot by the Nationals this year.
The next closet relief pitcher is Bray with 28 innings.[/quote]

We should use him less.

:)

Coffey gives up a leadoff hit but goes on to retire the side.

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='CTA513' post='299287' date='Jul 23 2006, 03:40 PM']Majewski seems to have been used alot by the Nationals this year.
The next closet relief pitcher is Bray with 28 innings.[/quote]

he probably does need some time off to let his arm rest, we dont want to get him dead tired near the end of the year incase we are still close.

[quote name='Claptonrocks' post='299323' date='Jul 23 2006, 05:03 PM']How many runs did majewski give up? yeah[/quote]

Yeah i know... They weren't his runs. He gave up 2 singles... if no one was on base, everything would have been ok people. I agree it's disappointing that he has given up some hits, but no one has said he's the next coming of Mariano Rivera. He will be ok and he is a huge addition to our pen.

Archived