Ohio State has the #1 Football team

Guest oldschooler

Guest oldschooler
[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='396550' date='Nov 29 2006, 09:32 PM']i love all of the OSU bball fans who came out of nowhere....[/quote]

Says the Duke fan. Did you start liking them because they sucked ?

I`ve always been an Ohio State fan. I root for all the local teams.
Dayton, Miami, UC, Xavier and Ohio State. Of course when they play each
other I have to choose. Ohio State and UC hold most of my loyalty.

Anyway, I watched the game last night. It was disappointing that they lost.
But considering they are so young, had only 8 players suited up, were without
their best player and were on the road against the #6 team in the Country,
I thought they played a good game. They`re only going to get better.
I`m looking forward to watching them grow as the season goes on.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='oldschooler' post='396828' date='Nov 30 2006, 11:26 AM']Says the Duke fan. Did you start liking them because they sucked ?
I`ve always been an Ohio State fan. I root for all the local teams.
Dayton, Miami, UC, Xavier and Ohio State. Of course when they play each
other I have to choose. Ohio State and UC hold most of my loyalty.
Anyway, I watched the game last night. It was disappointing that they lost.
But considering they are so young, had only 8 players suited up, were without
their best player and were on the road against the #6 team in the Country,
I thought they played a good game. They`re only going to get better.
I`m looking forward to watching them grow as the season goes on.[/quote]
Duke is the family team. Ive explained this various times. My dad was a Duke fan in the 70s (they sucked when he followed them), then Coach K came along and I was born and I was raised with 4 sports teams, Bengals, Reds, Duke, Miami OH. I will not root for Charlie Coles as he needs to get fired, but I will support Miami because I go there and my parents went there and I was raised on them. My dream college was Duke, but im not a 1500 SAT person so I could not get in. If my SATs were higher id be at Duke right now loving life, but that didnt work out for me. My favorite athlete to ever play a sport is Grant Hill, not to mention he is a perfect role model as well. My love of Duke goes way beyond the wins Coach K has brought to them. I am also a big time fan of Bob Knight and will never root for IU again for the way they treated him. I will root for TTU when i get to see them play. Coach K learned from Bob Knight and both of them are the fantastic coaches and I would do about anything to meet them and talk with them.

Im not necessarily attacking you or anyone on this board, but go around town now. When Michael Redd was at OSU, no one in this area knew who he was. Now everyone is on OSU's nuts....why? cuz OSU is good now. I used to root for OSU cuz of Ken Johnson, Scoonie Penn, and Michael Redd, but fuck them now. Thad Matta fucked Xavier by doing HORRID recruiting and then leaving and I cant take part with so many bandwagon fans. Ive got no problem with the REAL OSU fans, but the football fans and UC fans who like OSU now because OSU is good are the ones that bother me. Just like I get pissed off that I cant get certain Bengals items I want because of all the bandwagon fans trying to get everything now since we are winning and good. I dont like bandwagon fans in any instance and will always hate people who are like that.

UNC is pretty much all freshman as well. They are not a team that I would compare myself to because they arent that good of a team this year. Neither is Duke or most of the ACC. The ACC is very young and not that good rigth now. By the time March comes around the ACC could be a powerhouse tho. Especially Georgia Tech.

Archived