ESPN's QB Rankings

[quote name='IKOTA' post='396224' date='Nov 29 2006, 02:42 PM']Should have used better examples...Ben has been quoted before saying that watching game film is overrated and Plummer sure plays like he thinks that way too.[/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking as I read that. Not only did Toothlessberger say watching game film was overrated, he also admitted that he falls asleep during film sessions.

Maybe the pundits should look to that as one of the reasons he leads the league with 19 INTs, rather than him getting his face slammed into a Chrysler (though that probably took out a couple brain cells when he didn't have many to begin with).

[quote name='IKOTA' post='396224' date='Nov 29 2006, 02:42 PM']Should have used better examples...Ben has been quoted before saying that watching game film is overrated and Plummer sure plays like he thinks that way too.[/quote]
I was giving examples of NFL QBs that are struggling this year. Just because he says watching game film is overrated doesn't mean he doesn't do it... but I'm not going to defense Roethlisberger.

Guest oldschooler

[quote name='Tigris' post='396223' date='Nov 29 2006, 01:40 PM']:boring:

You're like a little kid that has to get the last word or he throws a hissy fit and shits himself.

Sometimes your degree of maturity baffles me.

:thumbsdown:[/quote]

Is this directed at me ?

I assume it is.

How do you figure ?

I commented to a post. Not your post. You felt the need to question my post.
I answered your question. You retorted. I responded. Not once did I ever call
you a name, or anything like that.
So how in the fuck does that equate to "like a little kid that throwing a hissy fit and shits himself" ?
Or show my degree of maturity ?

If you don`t like what I have to say, fine, then don`t respond. If you think I`m what you
stated, then put me on ignore and watch half the board disappear. If you don`t have
any other form of a comeback than that horse shit you just came back with, then
I think it is YOU that is the "little kid that has to get in the last word" and is immature.

:flip:

[quote name='oldschooler' post='396245' date='Nov 29 2006, 03:06 PM']Is this directed at me ?

I assume it is.

How do you figure ?

I commented to a post. Not your post. You felt the need to question my post.
I answered your question. You retorted. I responded. Not once did I ever call
you a name, or anything like that.
So how in the fuck does that equate to "like a little kid that throwing a hissy fit and shits himself" ?
Or show my degree of maturity ?

If you don`t like what I have to say, fine, then don`t respond. If you think I`m what you
stated, then put me on ignore and watch half the board disappear. If you don`t have
any other form of a comeback than that horse shit you just came back with, then
I think it is YOU that is the "little kid that has to get in the last word" and is immature.

:flip:[/quote]

You refer to me as "ma'am". You knit-pick at every line trying to come back with a clever response.

We don't have to agree. So, fuck you too.

Guest oldschooler
[quote name='Tigris' post='396252' date='Nov 29 2006, 02:12 PM']You refer to me as "ma'am".[/quote]

I guess you`re to young to know who Joe Friday is.

[quote]You knit-pick at every line trying to come back with a clever response.[/quote]

So ?

[quote]We don't have to agree. So, fuck you too.[/quote]

Fuck yourself, you`ll get more pussy. Or is that asshole.
I`m sure you don`t mind either way...

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='396237' date='Nov 29 2006, 01:55 PM']he needs no replacement and they would be dumb as fuck to take him. Take either an OT, CB or Adrian Peterson.[/quote]

Carr needs a replacement. He has potential and always will.

Adrian Peterson will be gone before the Texans select, and will be hurt as often as Chris Perry anyway.

Line will be a major target. Again, if Smith is just sitting there in middle rounds, he would be a great pickup. He's going to prove people wrong if they think he can't make it in the NFL.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='Jamie_B' post='396239' date='Nov 29 2006, 03:00 PM']Take the OT. Dominick Davis although injured this year is a comptent back.[/quote]
i agree. thats why taking reggie bush was idiotic. they lacked a pass rush last year and lost a lot of games that they had leads in because of it. Mario was a great pick for them.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='396258' date='Nov 29 2006, 03:15 PM']I guess you`re to young to know who Joe Friday is.
So ?
[b]Fuck yourself, you`ll get more pussy. Or is that asshole.
I`m sure you don`t mind either way...[/b][/quote]

Sure showed your true colors on that one... great work.

:wave:

Guest oldschooler
[quote name='steggyD' post='396271' date='Nov 29 2006, 02:24 PM']I only have one thing to add. It's bologna if it's that shitty lunch-meat, it's baloney if it's nonsense.[/quote]

I thought you were from Kentucky ?
You`ve let those damn Yankess get to you...

[quote]From The Word Detective:

"Dear Word Detective: I am interested in your opinion about a theory of mine as to the origin of the word "baloney," meaning unauthentic, as in "full of baloney." It is, I think, commonly believed that baloney is a mispronunciation of the name Bologna, as in the sausage of the same name. This makes sense, of course, as sausage stuffing might well be a metaphor for something whose contents are somewhat dubious. However, recently an Irish friend was commenting on a mutual acquaintance, and referred to him as being "full of B'larney" (his pronunciation). It struck me that this mispronunciation was an even better explanation for the expression, which seems to refer to glibness as much as tainted contents. For some reason, I cannot seem to interest anyone in this issue. -- Bernard Davidoff, via the internet.

Well, I suppose that it's possible that someone, somewhere, mistook "blarney" for "baloney" on a given occasion, but that sort of confusion is almost certainly not the origin of baloney as a synonym for "nonsense."

[b]It is pretty well established that "baloney," meaning nonsense, does come from "baloney" the sausage (which is indeed named after Bologna, Italy). Baloney was (and often still is) regarded as a humble food of, as you say, dubious origins. It thus made a good metaphor for "junk" much as today we use "spam" (fairly or not) to mean unwanted e-mail advertisements. One of the earliest uses of "baloney" to mean nonsense was in the catch phrase "It's baloney no matter how thin you slice it," popular in the 1930's.[/b]

"Blarney," of course, also means nonsense, specifically smooth flattery, and comes from the name of a village in Ireland. According to legend, the Blarney Stone, located in a local castle, supposedly confers the skill of telling convincing lies on whoever manages to reach and kiss it, a feat requiring considerable physical dexterity.

The difference between "baloney" and "blarney," interestingly, was explained in a radio address by Bishop Fulton J. Sheen in 1954: 'Baloney is the unvarnished lie laid on so thick you hate it; blarney is flattery laid on so thin you love it.'"[/quote]

Archived