ESPN's QB Rankings

Guest mongoloido

[quote]He saves his best for MNF and at times we saw it in a snowy loss at Seattle. He was 22-for-36 and 266 yards and a beautiful TD pass to WR Donald Driver, but he also threw three costly INTs (including a disaster in the end zone intended for TE Bubba Franks). But note, most of his bad throws were when he was battling to get back in the game. He can still play![/quote]

You just have to be living on reputation to complete 61% of your passes for 1 TD, 3 INTs, and a passer rating of 58.3... On what planet is that good? Favre cannot still play, because he doesn't have a mind for the modern quarterbacking position. He still has an arm, but that's about it. His head was never great for the game, and he doesn't give a damn about doing the right thing anymore.

[quote name='EnglishBengal' post='395829' date='Nov 28 2006, 04:42 PM']Those guys at ESPN really know their stuff.

According to them Philip Rivers is also QB for the Bengals. :wacko:[/quote]

Ha, didn't see that (and apparently neither did the editors).

I agree that Brady's being there is simply because of his reputation and the Hype Machine. Manning at 1, Palmer at 2 (threatening the top spot), and Brees at 3.

Ugh...did you see the blurb about Big Jen:

[i]He threw two more INTs (giving him 19 for the season) in shutout loss to the Ravens, but in all fairness he had NO time to throw as Baltimore sacked him nine times and hit him several others. [b]If nothing else right now, Big Ben is at least showing how tough he is[/b].[/i]

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='395836' date='Nov 28 2006, 04:53 PM']well, look on the bright side according to espn.com rivers is our new backup!!! :thumbsup:
edit: and come on, marc bulger and david carr need to be moved up[/quote]

No to Carr being moved up. He got his stats in garbage time. Before that TD, he hadn't thrown one in over 20 quarters. that's right, 20 quarters.

Carr is not the answer in Houston. Bring on Troy Smith!

[quote name='Revolution #9' post='395847' date='Nov 28 2006, 06:09 PM']No to Carr being moved up. He got his stats in garbage time. Before that TD, he hadn't thrown one in over 20 quarters. that's right, 20 quarters.

Carr is not the answer in Houston. Bring on Troy Smith![/quote]
:lmao: David Carr isnt the answer but Troy Smith is? At QB? Did you really say that? [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]

[quote name='DontPushMe' post='395925' date='Nov 28 2006, 10:01 PM']:lmao: David Carr isnt the answer but Troy Smith is? At QB? Did you really say that? [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img][/quote]

awe...do i detect a little bitterness dpm? why do you think troy smith won't be a good pro qb? If it's because he's only 6'1 you're gonna be in for a little surprise. this kids arm, athleticism, leadership and work ethic will eventually make him a star in the nfl. mark my words...

Guest WhoDeyForever

[quote name='spicoli' post='395936' date='Nov 28 2006, 09:44 PM']awe...do i detect a little bitterness dpm? why do you think troy smith won't be a good pro qb? If it's because he's only 6'1 you're gonna be in for a little surprise. this kids arm, athleticism, leadership and work ethic will eventually make him a star in the nfl. mark my words...[/quote]

Finally..somebody agrees with me :headbang:

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain

[quote name='mongoloido' post='395831' date='Nov 28 2006, 05:44 PM']#8
You just have to be living on reputation to complete 61% of your passes for 1 TD, 3 INTs, and a passer rating of 58.3... On what planet is that good? Favre cannot still play, because he doesn't have a mind for the modern quarterbacking position. He still has an arm, but that's about it. His head was never great for the game, and he doesn't give a damn about doing the right thing anymore.[/quote]
he threw INTs trying to play catch up. he was doing good. guys had some shitty drops. Favre can definitely still play. Idk what the fuck ur watching but he is doing pretty good for not having shit for a running game or oline. That INT to franks was due to the weather. If there wasnt snow on the ground its a TD, Franks had to run a bit slower and Favre just overthrew it. Thats a typical Favre to Franks TD. He isnt as good as he used to be, but he is still an NFL starter.

[quote name='spicoli' post='395936' date='Nov 28 2006, 09:44 PM']awe...do i detect a little bitterness dpm? why do you think troy smith won't be a good pro qb? If it's because he's only 6'1 you're gonna be in for a little surprise. this kids arm, athleticism, leadership and work ethic will eventually make him a star in the nfl. mark my words...[/quote]
um because he doesnt have NFL QB talent? Because he is overrated and gets credit for shit he shouldnt get credit for? Because OSU makes him?

[quote name='WhoDeyForever' post='395939' date='Nov 28 2006, 09:50 PM']Finally..somebody agrees with me :headbang:[/quote]
proof that he should change his opinion.

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='395971' date='Nov 28 2006, 11:52 PM']um because he doesnt have NFL QB talent? Because he is overrated and gets credit for shit he shouldnt get credit for? Because OSU makes him?[/quote]

lol yeah we'll see. i'll bet $20 that a few gm's disagree with you and he gets drafted by the middle of the 2nd round as a qb. if he were 3 inches taller he'd be the number one overall pick.

[quote name='DontPushMe' post='395925' date='Nov 28 2006, 08:01 PM']:lmao: David Carr isnt the answer but Troy Smith is? At QB? Did you really say that? [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img][/quote]

He'll be a steal. If his height really is an issue and he survives to the second round, he'd be a bargain.

He's more an answer for the Texans at QB than Chris "Glass Joe" Perry is for the Bengals at RB.

Carr really isn't even as good as his stats. He needs a change of scenery, a la Harrington. He may be a winner for someone else, but never here.

[quote name='Revolution #9' post='396000' date='Nov 29 2006, 12:38 AM']He'll be a steal. If his height really is an issue and he survives to the second round, he'd be a bargain.[/quote]

He is going first round, prob top 15. At least according to a scout I sat next to at the OSU Michigan game...

If he does go that high, I think he'll bust.

Too much on his shoulder on a bad team.

If he goes later, he may be alright.

I still don't think a 6 foot QB with an average arm and non-elite speed is going anywhere near the top 15 with a Brady Quinn and Drew Stanton filling at least two needs.

I'd almost rather have Jordan Palmer.

[quote name='Scoutforlife591' post='396005' date='Nov 29 2006, 12:03 AM']If he does go that high, I think he'll bust.

I still don't think a 6 foot QB with an average arm and non-elite speed is going anywhere near the top 15 with a Brady Quinn and Drew Stanton filling at least two needs.

I'd almost rather have Jordan Palmer.[/quote]

Kevin Kolb (out of Univ of Houston) is a sleeper. Watch out for him.

first off im not bitter, ive been saying these same things, on this forum, since before that game
[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='396003' date='Nov 29 2006, 12:55 AM']He is going first round, prob top 15. At least according to a scout I sat next to at the OSU Michigan game...[/quote]
there is no chance in that happening, hes a mid-round pick (2nd-5th, my guess is 3rd), sorry but its just how it is

and the only reason youve been saying that hes a good qb is because he plays for your college team, its not based on any type of scouting

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
Matt Schaub and Ingle Martin are the 2 best QBs not to get PT in the NFL right now imo. Id take both of them over Troy Smith too.

David Carr is a good QB on a team that cant block. Give him an oline and most people would like him.

[quote name='Scoutforlife591' post='396005' date='Nov 29 2006, 01:03 AM']If he does go that high, I think he'll bust.

I'd almost rather have Jordan Palmer.[/quote]
i doubt hed go that high, but hes 6' 1", can clearly handle "pressure," a much better than average arm and good enough speed to get out of the pocket. youve got to remember he does not play like mike vick, instead hes more like mcnair (of old)... past first, second, and third, then run. he goes through his progressions just like any other posket passer and puts a nice touch on the ball. he may not have the strongest arm but its far from weak and completely accurate. drew stanton? are you kidding me?

Archived