Smith finally calling it quits?

Kochman

Cowboys: Smith wants to retire a Lone Star

by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com
Tuesday, February 1, 2005

News
Free agent running back Emmitt Smith said Monday that when he retires, he intends to do so as a member of the Cowboys. "I will, in some way, shape or form," Smith told the Dallas Morning News. However, Smith is not ready to close the door on playing another season. "There's always a chance (of not playing in 2005)," Smith continued. "Somebody has got to want me, and if they don't want me, then what? I want to play. I want to do what I want to do." Smith played 13 seasons with the Cowboys before joining the Cardinals in 2003.

Views
A Pioneer Press report claims that Smith intends to retire on Tuesday and will then announce that he has joined the investment group fronted by Arizona businessman Reggie Fowler, who is attempting to purchase the Vikings. Unless Emmitt was playing opossum on Monday or had a dramatic change of heart, a retirement announcement will not be made on Tuesday.

I think it was something he should have done 2 seasons ago. I don't think anyone will try to sign him.

Guest Bengal_Smoov

I wish would have done this last year, although he had a few good games this year. He doesn't have the skills to be effective anymore, all he is doing is causing further damage to his body(and making millions :D ).

Archived