Jeff Brantley

Guest Bengals1181

Guest Bengals1181
Anyone listened to him do play-by-play yet? I caught a little bit of him today and he sounded like he was doing a bad impression of will ferrell impersonating Harry Carey. It was awful! I'm not sure what was up. I always liked Brantley when he was on Baseball Tonight for ESPN. But today, it didn't even sound like him.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='455339' date='Mar 11 2007, 07:52 PM']Anyone listened to him do play-by-play yet? I caught a little bit of him today and he sounded like he was doing a bad impression of will ferrell impersonating Harry Carey. It was awful! I'm not sure what was up. I always liked Brantley when he was on Baseball Tonight for ESPN. But today, it didn't even sound like him.[/quote]

I've listened to now I believe 3 of his games and I love them. He has so much knowledge of the game and says some funny shit. I am really liking our announcing crew this year.

The first spring game of the year, I heard him for the first time mid-inning and for a split second my heart stopped. I heard his monotone voice and thought it was the Bad Boy himself. :unsure:

Not that I dislike Brantley. I actually think he is pretty good. Lots of insight. He's just better as a #2 than the play-by-play guy.

I'm partially with 1181 on this. I heard my first brantley broadcast today and it was....strange.
maybe he'll grow on me but right now I'm looking more forward to Marty and T(h)om his son together.
But, meh....no biggie, I listened through the Bad Boy last year, no sweat, even though I didn't really like him much.

Guest Bengals1181
[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='455348' date='Mar 11 2007, 07:29 PM']I've listened to now I believe 3 of his games and I love them. He has so much knowledge of the game and says some funny shit. I am really liking our announcing crew this year.[/quote]

oh I agree I think he brings a lot of knowledge to the position. I meant to mention that in my original post. But as Bung put it, today's broadcast was just....well, strange.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
they have been talking about brantley today. he is still very nervous in the box and is "trying" to make a "radio voice" and they are working with him to calm down and be consistent. he will be GREAT once he gets some experience.

Archived