Rose Says He Bet on the Reds Every Night

Actium

Douchebag, cocksucker, asshole, redneck or not...whatever you want to say about the mans personality, ive never met him.

Personality aside, i think there is no reason why he should not be in the hall of fame. My main argument is that he was a great player and his actions and accomplishments on the field should speak for themselves.
His betting as a manager, whether or not he bet on the Reds to win, place or show, whether or not he lied about said betting and retracted years later...they have absolutely no bearing on what he did when taking the field or swinging a bat as a player.

I'd also like to know the message the MLB is trying to get across by keeping Rose out. How many players in the late 80's, early 90's were chronic front pagers being busted for crack and other drug problems, hell, even today Steroids run rampant in the game. All they get is a slap on the wrist or a finger wagged at them. But HOLY SHIT! YOU BET ON GAMES! GET THE FUCK OUT!
Guess it makes sense in some retarded universe...

[quote name='ShaGs_McNasty' post='460017' date='Mar 21 2007, 02:56 PM']Douchebag, cocksucker, asshole, redneck or not...whatever you want to say about the mans personality, ive never met him.

Personality aside, i think there is no reason why he should not be in the hall of fame. My main argument is that he was a great player and his actions and accomplishments on the field should speak for themselves.
His betting as a manager, whether or not he bet on the Reds to win, place or show, whether or not he lied about said betting and retracted years later...they have absolutely no bearing on what he did when taking the field or swinging a bat as a player.
I'd also like to know the message the MLB is trying to get across by keeping Rose out. How many players in the late 80's, early 90's were chronic front pagers being busted for crack and other drug problems, hell, even today Steroids run rampant in the game. All they get is a slap on the wrist or a finger wagged at them. But HOLY SHIT! YOU BET ON GAMES! GET THE FUCK OUT!
Guess it makes sense in some retarded universe...[/quote]

And there's always Ty Cobb--one of the all time greats and in the first class of the HoF, but also a virulent racist, a violent and dirty player who went out his way to try to hurt other on the field of play and in the stands. Hardly a great ambassador for the game but one of its best, so he's in.

Archived