Kevin Hardy

Guest reggiemyles_4_vp
[quote]If it gets to the point where money has to be open then decisions will be made.[/quote]
Uhh...that's an issue already. We haven't signed Housh or Braham or a DT.

[quote]If they carry seven backers I'm taking Hardy over Stevens.[/quote]
Hardy- A back up who doesn't play special teams, costs 2.5 mil, and is only getting worse

or

Stevens-a backup who plays special teams, costs the minimum, and will only get better.

You've got no argument.

Guest reggiemyles_4_vp
[quote name='CarsonDaMan' date='Feb 24 2005, 06:04 PM']You apparently didn't read my argument dumbass.
[right][post="51143"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
STRICTLY based on contract would mean to look only at salaries and make a decision just based on that.

I posed 3 factors:
1. Money
2. Special Teams ability
3. Potential for improvement

None of which favor Hardy....

Guest reggiemyles_4_vp
[quote name='CarsonDaMan' date='Feb 24 2005, 06:19 PM']You value special teams ability over how well they play their position??  That makes sense.
[right][post="51151"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
If he's a backup, YES.

If he's making 1.9 million more than the other guy, YES.

Unfortunately, you seem to be missing the fact that he isn't a backup right now. If Nate Webster is fully healthy that probably pushes Hardy out. But with the report being that Nate may not be ready til training camp, it seems like a big risk cutting one of your starting linebackers. Unless you want Caleb Miller starting in the middle next year.

Guest reggiemyles_4_vp
[quote name='CarsonDaMan' date='Feb 24 2005, 06:24 PM']Unfortunately, you seem to be missing the fact that he isn't a backup right now.  If Nate Webster is fully healthy that probably pushes Hardy out.  But with the report being that Nate may not be ready til training camp, it seems like a big risk cutting one of your starting linebackers.  Unless you want Caleb Miller starting in the middle next year.
[right][post="51156"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
You honestly think Hardy's gonna start next year???

BTW, are you Kevin Hardy?

Guest CTBengalsFan
[quote name='CarsonDaMan' date='Feb 24 2005, 03:30 PM']He's right, you don't have to be getting 20 tackles a game to be considered a leader.  With so many young LB's it is imperative to have a veteran around them teaching them how to be pros.  Kevin Hardy is a true professional.  I do also agree that he should take a paycut but he is far more valuable than people give him credit for.

As for Reggie Kelly, because he doesn't catch a lot of balls means he sucks??  Did you ever think that might not be his job.  He plays the most downs of any of our tight ends, and he does contribute receiving.  His specialty is blocking and he is also shows excellent leadership abilities.

The stat book doesn't tell everything.  Guys that bring their lunch pale to work everyday and make everyone around them better are very helpful commodities.
[right][post="51030"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

do you watch the games? kelly is atrocious, and for his salary he should be able to catch a fucking ball once and a while. and if you really believe reggie kelly makes people around him better, well... [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' date='Feb 24 2005, 06:30 PM']do you watch the games?  kelly is atrocious, and for his salary he should be able to catch a fucking ball once and a while.  and if you really believe reggie kelly makes people around him better, well... [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]   [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]
[right][post="51161"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
he doesn't make anyone better and te is a weak part on our team but hes a good blocker and i don't mind him in stripes but he needs his contract restructured

Oh silly me, I forgot the Bengals coaching staff posted here. These guys are god awful players even though the coaching staff has made them starters the last two years. No one denies they are overpaid, but they won't be cut because of that. This isn't fantasy football, these guys wouldn't have been starting if coaches didn't consider them valuable. If Webster is healthy, then no Hardy won't be starting. But if Webster is not healthy, Hardy will most likely be lining up again opening day. If you really believe Reggie Kelly is atrocious then I don't know what games you have been watching. The Bengals currently have no one better.

[quote name='fancywhodey' date='Feb 24 2005, 06:24 PM']ur a huge fan of cowart i was wonderin if u knew what his injury was then i might think about cuttin hardy and pickin cowart up, but if that injury is to much of a risk i dont want him
[right][post="51124"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

It was a knee injury. He had fully recovered by the end of last season. The Jets decided to stick with Vilma for the playoffs, so his injury really isn't a risk.

[quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' date='Feb 24 2005, 08:27 PM']It was a knee injury. He had fully recovered by the end of last season. The Jets decided to stick with Vilma for the playoffs, so his injury really isn't a risk.
[right][post="51211"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

im still not sure bout him i don't think hed do a shitload more than hardy does already, do u think hes that much better than hardy? i know hardy isn't that great but would cowart be a super huge upgrade? if he isn't then whats the point of picking him up?

Guest Claptonrocks
[quote]I guess I'll have to cut Stephon Marbury and Nazr Mohammed, neither have displayed good tackling ability.  To answer secondly based off this depth chart:

Offense
Pos.  Starter  Backup 1  Backup 2
QB  Carson Palmer  Jon Kitna  Casey Bramlet
RB  Rudi Johnson  Chris Perry  Kenny Watson
FB  Jeremi Johnson 

WR  T.J. Houshmandzadeh  Peter Warrick  Kelley Washington
WR  Chad Johnson  Kevin Walter  Cliff Russell
TE  Reggie Kelly  Tony Stewart  Matt Schobel
LT  Levi Jones  Eric Steinbach  Alex Sulfsted
LG  Eric Steinbach  Larry Moore 
C  Rich Braham  Larry Moore 
RG  Bobbie Williams  Scott Kooistra 
RT  Willie Anderson  Stacy Andrews 
Special Teams
K  Shayne Graham 

P  Kyle Larson 

KR  Cliff Russell  Kenny Watson  T.J. Houshmandzadeh
PR  Keiwan Ratliff  Deltha O'Neal  T.J. Houshmandzadeh
H  Kyle Larson 

Defense
DE  Justin Smith  Robert Geathers 
DT  Langston Moore  Matthias Askew  Greg Scott
DT  John Thornton  Shaun Smith  Terrance Martin
DE  Duane Clemons  Carl Powell 
OLB  Brian Simmons  Landon Johnson  Khalid Abdullah
MLB  Nate Webster  Caleb Miller 
OLB  Kevin Hardy  Marcus Wilkins  Larry Stevens
CB  Tory James  Greg Brooks  Reggie Myles
CB  Deltha O'Neal  Keiwan Ratliff  Terrell Roberts
FS  Madieu Williams  Kevin Kaesviharn 
SS  Rogers Beckett  Kim Herring  Anthony Mitchell
If they carry seven backers I'm taking Hardy over Stevens.  If a hot shot draft pick or free agent is signed then Hardy would be my next to go at backer.  Also depends on whether Marcus Wilkins is tendered a contract, which he probably will be.  At tight end, I'm keeping Kelly anyday over Stewart and Schobel.  However, I'm hoping that position is upgraded.  You cannot cut a guy strictly based off contract, the idea is to have the 53 best players, not the 53 best contracts.  If it gets to the point where money has to be open then decisions will be made.
[right][post="51132"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote].

My idea would be to keep the players that are worth their contracts...
If Hardy were to renegotiate and come down allot Id say keep him as a reserve.
If not let him go and draft a quicker LB to replace him.. I think simmons will go to strongside and Johnson will play the weakside as starters this year anyway..

Archived