Columbus Destroyers Going to Arena Bowl

Guest WhoDeyForever

Good for Columbus. Nice to see that they are in the Arena Bowl as a 6 seed without having the ref's help unlike some teams :D

Guest Tigris
[quote name='Actium' post='511076' date='Jul 15 2007, 04:33 PM']Some of these guys have so much talent. It may be a bitter pill that they aren't in the NFL, but they are still playing the game they love and getting paid for it.[/quote]
I have a friend going to try out next month. Don't really know how well he'll fare, but good luck to him.

I was in Columbus one day a few years ago playing ball and ran into a guy training for a tryout he had for the Chicago (Fire?). Dude could fly... didn't really know how good he was at ball, but he could definitely run.

[quote name='Tigris' post='511087' date='Jul 15 2007, 03:59 PM']I have a friend going to try out next month. Don't really know how well he'll fare, but good luck to him.

I was in Columbus one day a few years ago playing ball and ran into a guy training for a tryout he had for the Chicago (Fire?). Dude could fly... didn't really know how good he was at ball, but he could definitely run.[/quote]

I think they are the Chicago Rush. Chicago Fire is the WNBA team (don't ask me why I know that). That defensive back for the Destroyers who had that INT and return for a TD from endzone to endzone was a beast. He should get a look from some pro team. I don't recall his name but he is good. Maybe he's too short?

Guest Tigris

[quote name='Actium' post='511094' date='Jul 15 2007, 05:19 PM']I think they are the Chicago Rush. Chicago Fire is the WNBA team (don't ask me why I know that). That defensive back for the Destroyers who had that INT and return for a TD from endzone to endzone was a beast. He should get a look from some pro team. I don't recall his name but he is good. Maybe he's too short?[/quote]
You're right about the names... the player, I don't know? I've never seen the Destroyers play.

You watch the WNBA? :pointlaff:

[quote name='Tigris' post='511100' date='Jul 15 2007, 04:31 PM']You're right about the names... the player, I don't know? I've never seen the Destroyers play.

You watch the WNBA? :pointlaff:[/quote]

No, I really don't watch the WNBA. But I did know the team name, which is almost as embarrassing. I watched the Destroyers the last few weeks, and think they are a fun team. I haven't seen them at the worst so it doesn't really seem like they are upsetting these other teams.

[color="#FF0000"][b]I tried watching an Arena League game last week, and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Go
Columbus !!! :headbang:

BTW, I watch the WNBA sometimes, because Sue Bird is such a cutie pie.[/b][/color]

Guest WhoDeyForever
[quote name='Actium' post='511094' date='Jul 15 2007, 05:19 PM']I think they are the Chicago Rush. Chicago Fire is the WNBA team (don't ask me why I know that). That defensive back for the Destroyers who had that INT and return for a TD from endzone to endzone was a beast. He should get a look from some pro team. I don't recall his name but he is good. Maybe he's too short?[/quote]

I was just about to say that. That spin move was ridiclious.

[quote name='Actium' post='511094' date='Jul 15 2007, 04:19 PM']I think they are the Chicago Rush. Chicago Fire is the WNBA team (don't ask me why I know that). That defensive back for the Destroyers who had that INT and return for a TD from endzone to endzone was a beast. He should get a look from some pro team. I don't recall his name but he is good. Maybe he's too short?[/quote]
Actually, the Fire are the MLS team (that's soccer to you and me, Russ). The Sky are the WNBA team. Just sayin'.

[quote name='ChicagoBengal' post='513118' date='Jul 20 2007, 11:18 AM']Actually, the Fire are the MLS team (that's soccer to you and me, Russ). The Sky are the WNBA team. Just sayin'.[/quote]

I'm actually relieved I got it wrong. B)

Archived