Steve Perry Story

BENGALS666

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='515347' date='Jul 24 2007, 11:37 AM'][i]<I have a personal Steve Perry story that I may type out one day if anyone wants to hear about it...>[/i]

Let's hear it.
MULLY
agreed. Journey is not a guilty pleasure[/quote]

Since a few folks asked to hear it here goes..

Must have been 1983. Journey was headlining a big concert with Aerosmith, Sammy Hagar and Bryan Adams outdoors at the Miami Baseball stadium.
Journey was totally peaking at this point and Aerosmith was a total wreck - Joe Perry and Brad Whitford were outta the band (remember Lightning Strikes?) and Steve Tyler was a drugged out mess -singing the wrong words to songs etc. He eventually passed out onstage.

Anyways, me n a coupla buds were trecking down I-95 to check out the show and we hit a major clusterfuck of traffic and wound up getting off in some real bad area and were lost within a matter of minutes. We're driving around trying to figure out how to get to the show for about a half an hour and at a light this car with tinted windows pulls up next to us and the back window rolls down. I'm thinking we're near Liberty City - we're about to get shot..
Turns out it's Steve Perry in the back seat and he's hollering over at us to see if we're going to the show. We're like "shit yeah" and he tells us to follow the driver and we'll get in backstage. Ten minutes later we're pulling into some restricted lot behind them. We got turned away by the security guys though and Steve Perry comes back to us and says to wait there and he'll bring us some passes. We sat there for no less than 2 hours like dumbfucks and wound up parking in somebody's backyard for $20.

[quote name='BENGALS666' post='515745' date='Jul 24 2007, 09:36 PM']Since a few folks asked to hear it here goes..

Must have been 1983. Journey was headlining a big concert with Aerosmith, Sammy Hagar and Bryan Adams outdoors at the Miami Baseball stadium.
Journey was totally peaking at this point and Aerosmith was a total wreck - Joe Perry and Brad Whitford were outta the band (remember Lightning Strikes?) and Steve Tyler was a drugged out mess -singing the wrong words to songs etc. He eventually passed out onstage.

Anyways, me n a coupla buds were trecking down I-95 to check out the show and we hit a major clusterfuck of traffic and wound up getting off in some real bad area and were lost within a matter of minutes. We're driving around trying to figure out how to get to the show for about a half an hour and at a light this car with tinted windows pulls up next to us and the back window rolls down. I'm thinking we're near Liberty City - we're about to get shot..
Turns out it's Steve Perry in the back seat and he's hollering over at us to see if we're going to the show. We're like "shit yeah" and he tells us to follow the driver and we'll get in backstage. Ten minutes later we're pulling into some restricted lot behind them. We got turned away by the security guys though and Steve Perry comes back to us and says to wait there and he'll bring us some passes. We sat there for no less than 2 hours like dumbfucks and wound up parking in somebody's backyard for $20.[/quote]

Perry! He was cool but didn't finish the deal. Alas, it is good to start well, but better to end well.

Archived