Still not mind if we lose?

More beneficial for our future  

63 members have voted

1. 1. How do you want the bengals to finish the season?

• Season is lost already, so best to play only future players and shoot for higher draft pick
    • This team needs to gel better, and can only do that by winning this year

[quote name='Sigfox09' post='600492' date='Nov 27 2007, 08:05 PM']I always want my team to win regardless of draft position...most draft picks are a complete gamble anyways look at TJ and Tom Brady maybe the two best at their position!

On a side note I think we have a lot better chance of attracting Free Agent talent if they believe they can get paid and contend for a championship here! 4-12 means your going to a loser and your only hope is to get a fat check![/quote]

Totally agree with your paragraph about the draft. Winning is all that matters. Winning will boost the team's confidence, morale, and collective chemistry.

Exhibit A: The Packers started 2-6 last year, finished 8-8 and are now kicking absolute ass!

Exhibit B: The hated stool samples did the same and are now somewhat kicking ass (I despise them, but give credit where it's due).

Just as the shell shock from the horrid finish to '06 carried into this season (along with the injuries and all the other shit); a strong, unified finish to '07 would carry over into the '08 season.

[quote name='Jason' post='600528' date='Nov 27 2007, 10:01 PM']I think the phrase "true fan" needs to be put on a word filter.

This season is all but lost. How many times in the past have we finished strong leading people to believe things will be ok next season, only to be worse? Now, I agree a lot of extenuating circumstances have contributed to the off year. But look at the San Antonio Spurs. David Robinson got hurt. They had a bad year, won the draft lottery, and got Tim Duncan. They have been the best team in the NBA since. Maybe a year that nets us a draft pick of Dorsey, or Campbell, or Laurenaitis puts us over the top.[/quote]

i did not call anyone out specificly

my apologies if i offended you or it came across as a was questioning your "fanhood" or if you are a bengals fan, i really wasn't i spoke in haste

as i said i see your logic, and i would be estatic if we picked one of the guys you mentioned, but i look at it diffrent gameday is just 16 to 20 days of the year and i spend the other 345+ days counting down to the kickoff and i always want us to win no matter what

so once again i am sorry if i offended you

Archived