What is The Best NFL Video Game of All-Time?

Sofa_King_Cool

Which of these is your favorite NFL video game?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these is your favorite NFL video game?

• The Madden Series
    • Techmo Bowl Series
    • NFL Blitz Series
    • NFL 2K Series
    • ESPN NFL Series
    • NFL Fever Series
    • NFL Game Day Series
    • Other
    • I haven't played video games since 'Pong' & 'Donkey Kong'

I was just ran acoss an article talking about the new Madden Collector's edition that is out for PS2 and what wondering what every one else's opinion is about their favorite NFL video game.

The Madden series is pretty high up there for me, but a close second is Super Techmo Bowl.

The graphics and the quality these days just can't be beat, but it is more of the memories associated with Techmo Bowl. Like fighting over who got to be Bo Jackson since he could run through anything for a TD. Then finally making the rule that you can't run Bo Jackson on every play. And threatening your best friend that if he did call another run play with Bo Jackson, you were going to kick him square in the balls.

Guest bengalrick

i wish i could pick tecmo bowl, b/c i played it nonstop for about 3 years, but i played it about a year ago again, just for shits and giggles, and it wasn't as fun... have to go w/ madden on this one... even though the espn game is tight this year, it isn't as consistant...

Guest bengalrick
gotta be tecmo super bolw. I do play all the new ones regularly, but TSB broke all of us in. The first football game with black players & actual names. I used to love da bears with singletary and payton.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i played w/ the chiefs and Christian Okoye... i would just run around the whole field and break tackles... ohhhh the good ole days!!!... even if you picked the right play, he could break ALL the tackles and cruise to the endzone... you could also block every extra point... i thought i was the sh!t at that game, but anyone could do that...

Oakland and Bo Jackson could do the same thing

I was just ran acoss an article talking about the new Madden Collector's edition that is out for PS2 and what wondering what every one else's opinion is about their favorite NFL video game.

The Madden series is pretty high up there for me, but a close second is Super Techmo Bowl. 

The graphics and the quality these days just can't be beat, but it is more of the memories associated with Techmo Bowl.  Like fighting over who got to be Bo Jackson since he could run through anything for a TD.  Then finally making the rule that you can't run Bo Jackson on every play.  And threatening your best friend that if he did call another run play with Bo Jackson, you were going to kick him square in the balls.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

actually espn game day series was for PS2 and nfl 2k was for Dreamcast.

I think game day was 989 Sports and 2k was Sega.

But the best football game was a handheld, where you had to move the blip across the screen without hitting another blip. Can't remember the name, but it was out around the time of Atari.

There were just so many of them it was tough to keep them all straight. So I might have over lapped a few titles with them.

BengalRick I forgot all about Christian Okoye, until you mentioned him.

I remember Bo Jackson being able to run straight through a brick wall and scoring TDs. And Rod Woodson on KR/PR was pretty tough too.

GameDay is for PS2 and the 2K series was for Dreamcast and made by sega... However gameday was never ESPN Gameday..  Sega just added the ESPN name to the 2k series... Hence last years and this years ESPN being 2K4 and 2K5.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:D Yeah , I meant ESPN Primetime. I guess I combined the two.

Archived