Pre-Combine Mock

msharp16

3 Round Pre-Combine mock with a 3rd round comp.

Round 1: ROT Andre Smith
- Replacement for Big Willie. I don't like spending a #6 on a right tackle, but I think that is where they will go with this pick.

Round 2: SLB Larry English
- Will probably have to trade up to get him. Will be a position switch from college, but can provide the pass rush we desperately need. Can also rotate with the DE on passing downs

Round 3: CB Mike Mickens
- Nickel back and insurance for JJ

Round 3 (comp): RB Devin Moore
- speed back to compliment Benson

i don't think having two rookies on the line helps our o-line situation much. hopefully we can get either a C or OT in free agency (but that is highly unlikely)

[quote name='akiliMVP' post='747334' date='Feb 17 2009, 07:58 PM']I really really doubt we get a 3rd round comp pick. It will probably be a 4th but man a 3rd would be great.

Also like you said I doubt English lasts until the 2nd round, his stock is soaring right now.[/quote]

I would personally try to trade our #6 pick for Philly's #21 and #28. English with the 21st and Mack with the #28. Addresses the O-line and pass rush.

[quote name='msharp16' post='747338' date='Feb 17 2009, 11:15 PM']I would personally try to trade our #6 pick for Philly's #21 and #28. English with the 21st and Mack with the #28. Addresses the O-line and pass rush.[/quote]
I'd rather get Cushing than English. He won't have to learn a new position and is a better overall player.

I guess Philly would make sense to trade up, since they are losing both of their starting tackles and one of the top 2 tackles are bound to be there when we pick at 6.

Sign C Jason Brown, trade down with Philly, draft OLB Brian Cushing #21, WR Hakeem Nicks #28, RT Phil Loadholt with 2nd round pick and RB Mike Goodson with 3rd round pick. That would be a huge offseason.

[quote name='akiliMVP' post='747342' date='Feb 17 2009, 08:23 PM']I'd rather get Cushing than English. He won't have to learn a new position and is a better overall player.

I guess Philly would make sense to trade up, since they are losing both of their starting tackles and one of the top 2 tackles are bound to be there when we pick at 6.

Sign C Jason Brown, trade down with Philly, draft OLB Brian Cushing #21, WR Hakeem Nicks #28, RT Phil Loadholt with 2nd round pick and RB Mike Goodson with 3rd round pick. That would be a huge offseason.[/quote]

If we got C Brown that would be amazing, he is the only FA Center that could play in the AFCN in my opinion. I'm not sold on Cushing and I like English's versatility. I think Jeanty would still start at SAM for the first year and English would supplement on passing situations at either spot. I like Nicks a lot, but if one of the big three RB's are there at #28 i don't see how we could pass up on them. WR have been dropping as of late. I guess its a pipe dream that we trade down anyways... can we trade Mike Brown?

I have definitely looked at the trade down with Philly scenario for those 2 first-rounders.

Sign Brown
I like Loadholdt as a RT
Not wild about your 2 first-rounders...But I haven't got a better suggestion at this point. :)

BZ

Archived