Red Sox prove that pitching wins championships

Guest BengalsOwn

Guest BengalsOwn

The Cardinals had one of the best offenses I have seen in a long time, but their pitching staff wasn't very good. This world series shows me that the Reds will more than likely go 20 years without a world championship (Carl Linder will die eventually).

Their accomplishment against The Evil Empire was amazing enough-winning 8 straight en route to a sweep of the Cardinals is unbelievable. I disagree about the Cardinals though-they had good pitching but their best starter, Carpenter was hurt and the rest didn't pitch as well as they could have. Remember, they won more regular season games than anyone and that doesn't happen without good pitching. Also, don't overlook the Boston offense-guys like Ortiz (a monster year), Ramirez, Bellhorn, etc really stepped it up too. I kinda felt like the series was anticlimactic though, after the drama of the ALCS. I found myself sorta rooting for Boston just to break the curse, but I'm a National Leauge guy (NO DH! NO DH!) Oh well, it's over-time for college hoops to start!

Archived