Ogden Signs Extension

Guest BlackJesus

Guest BlackJesus

Looks like we will be seeing Ogden for many years to come

Ogden signs seven-year deal with Ravens

NFL.com wire reports

BALTIMORE (Oct. 28, 2004) -- All-Pro left tackle Jonathan Ogden signed a new seven-year contract with the Baltimore Ravens.

The deal should allow the seven-time Pro Bowler to finish his career with the Ravens.

"I'm just glad it's done," Ogden said after signing the deal late Thursday afternoon, according to the Ravens' Web site. "I don't have to think about it anymore, not that I was overly concerned about it before, but now, it's off my mind."

Ogden is the second Ravens stalwart to sign a long-term deal this season. Cornerback Chris McAlister signed a seven-year contract earlier this month, and the team now has all eight of its 2003 Pro Bowlers signed through 2005.

"I think there's been a commitment within the organization over the last two years to retain our players," said Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome. "Getting J.O. is just another sign of us trying to do that."

Ogden is sidelined with a pulled left hamstring.

He entered the league as the No. 4 overall draft pick in 1996 and the Ravens' inaugural draft pick. After a year at guard, he moved to tackle.

Archived