What do you think of the Drew Brees situation

Guest BengalsOwn

Guest BengalsOwn

I don't think I would let Drew Brees go if I were the Chargers. They are actually in playoff contention this year, and by starting Rivers next year, they basically have to start from scratch. I'd sign him to a 3 year deal, and try to win a superbowl.

What would you do?

Continue playing Brees until he plays himself out of a job...he's got an awesome RB, an oline that's coming together, good WR's, a GREAT TE (are you listening Bengals?!!???!?) and a solid D. What's not to like? If it aint broke, dont fix it....

Guest BengalsOwn
Continue playing Brees until he plays himself out of a job...he's got an awesome RB, an oline that's coming together, good WR's, a GREAT TE (are you listening Bengals?!!???!?) and a solid D.  What's not to like?  If it aint broke, dont fix it....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So you would resign him to an expensive contract, with Phillip Rivers making mad money sitting on the bench?

It's a tough situation, but I think you would HAVE TO keep Brees.

I guess so...maybe they can take the title of "team with the best backup qb" from us? If you're winning, the team makes money, EVEN if you have a first-round QB waiting in the wings...Brees has been anything but consistent until now so I'm sure the coaching staff over there is holding it's breath waiting for the other shoe to drop...but what is that saying about young QBs and their third year?? I guess I don't really care but I sorta root for them because they've been almost as bad as we are/have been for almost as long as us and they're turning it around-why aren't we?

Archived