Jake Browning Confident in His Offense: 'Only Stopped' When Turnovers Happen

Cincinnati has posted 30-plus point in consecutive weeks.

CINCINNATI — The Bengals got another nice performance out of Jake Browning as he settles in as a competent replacement for Joe Burrow. The accurate passer threw for 275 yards (18-of-24 passing), two touchdowns, and one interception on Sunday while adding a rushing score.

He made it clear the only way to slow down his offense is if he turns it over.

"Threw a bad pass to Tanner Hudson," Browning said. "He tried to make a play on it. Didn't throw it to him in the chest, and then they return it for a pick-six. It was tough. But I think coming into halftime, my thought process was the only time they stopped us is when I threw to the other team. So just don't do that and you move the ball well."

Browning left for a few plays with a cramping thumb and joked about it afterward.

"Probably the main takeaway from the game is hydrate better," Browning quipped.

He has plenty of time to hydrate this week as Cincinnati closes out its NFC run this season with a massive game against Minnesota with a chance to get to 8-6.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/jake-browning-confident-offense-only-stopped-when-turnovers-happen#google_vignette

• Upvote 1