Nuclear Weapons

Guest BlackJesus

Guest BlackJesus
[img]http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/5041/zzz7lb.jpg[/img][img]http://www.raf.mod.uk/history/t_images/hiroshima.jpg[/img]
Hiroshima flattened by the US - 1945

[b]Nuclear Weapons are obviously going to be a hot topic in decades to come as more nations aquire them.....

Some Info on Nuclear Weapons[/b]

[u]Nations who Have them --- # they possess [/u]
United States 7,500
Russia 18,400
China 1,000
France 350
United Kingdom 200-300
India 60-90
Pakistan 30-52
North Korea 1-6

[b][u]Suspected nuclear states (not confirmed, but believed that they possess at least 1)[/u][/b]
Israel
Iran
Ukraine

[u][b]Other nuclear capable states (the power to have them in a few years time if desired)[/b][/u]
Canada
Japan
Italy
Saudi Arabia
Netherlands
Lithuania

[color="red"][b]Only country to ever drop one on another City - The United States[/b][/color]

[color="blue"][b]Now the Questions become:[/color][/b]

1. Are Nukes a good deterent to War ??? (Nations who both possess them have never gone into a large scale war with one another)

2. Should more or less Nations have them to ensure peace?

3. Do you feel that the West gets more nervous when a non-white nation possess nuclear weapons? Many have pointed out that the US is fine with European (white) allies having them but not others.

[b]Also since Iran might be the next Nation the US invades a few Q to those that believe that Iran should not be able to have Nuclear weapons:[/b]

1. Why can't Iran have Nuclear weapons? What are the reasons?

2. Are these reasons that could also be used to declare that the US should not be able to have them?

Guest bengalrick
i would personally call them a necessary evil...

good for peace= HELL no!!!

but we can't give ours up at this point, b/c then we are volnurable...

tough question...

I'll take a stab.

1. Are Nukes a good deterent to War ??? (Nations who both possess them have never gone into a large scale war with one another)

On occassion. May have helped prevent war between USSR and US. Who knows.

2. Should more or less Nations have them to ensure peace?

I would prefer less. If enough have them, some crazy fuck will pull the trigger.

3. Do you feel that the West gets more nervous when a non-white nation possess nuclear weapons? Many have pointed out that the US is fine with European (white) allies having them but not others.

I think the US gets more nervous when a non-ally possess them. They were most paranoid at first with the USSR, so it is really hard to push the whole race thing.

[b]Also since Iran might be the next Nation the US invades a few Q to those that believe that Iran should not be able to have Nuclear weapons:[/b]

1. Why can't Iran have Nuclear weapons? What are the reasons?

Because I don't want them too. However, I think the main reason should be let's not expand the list of countries who have nuclear weapons.

2. Are these reasons that could also be used to declare that the US should not be able to have them?

Yes you could definitely make the arguement that we shouldn't have them either. Especially since we are the only country to actually use them.

Guest mongoloido
[quote name='BlackJesus' date='Sep 14 2005, 04:56 PM']3.  Do you feel that the West gets more nervous when a non-white nation possess nuclear weapons?  Many have pointed out that the US is fine with European (white) allies having them but not others.[/quote]

It has nothing to do with color of skin. It has to do with the form of government, level of stability within that government, and that government's foreign policy. You can lump Spain and Greece in with Europeans no one cares having nukes, and they aren't white. An African military dictatorship would be a different story, but it has nothing to do with skin pigmentation.

Guest mongoloido
[quote name='BlackJesus' date='Sep 15 2005, 02:06 AM'][b]huh
niether one of them have nukes[/b]
[right][post="149185"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

The point wasn't to say they had them. The point was your claim that Europeans were okay to have them because they are white. I was saying that color had nothing to do with it and that the U.S. wouldn't care if a non-white European country like Spain had nukes.

Archived