Bengals records in various uniform combinations

This was being discussed in this week's "Expert Picks" thread, but I though it deserved one of its own.

The following numbers were posted on the Bengals.com board the day before the Saints game.  The thread starter didn't give the source and can't vouch for the accuracy...

http://boards.bengals.com/showthread.php?t=128107

JERSEY PANTS............................................. ...............W-L-T......PCT. 
Orange* Black .................................................. ..........   .3-0-0....1.000 
Orange* White .................................................. .........   13-5-1.... .710 
Black Black .................................................. ............. 12-10-1.... .543 
Black White .................................................. ............. 27-25-0.... .519 
White Black .................................................. ............. 18-22-0.... .450 
White White .................................................. ............. 14-22-0.... .389

They have played five games since then and are 4-1.

@ New Orleans  (White White)  W
@ Houston         (White Black)   W
@ Tampa Bay    (White White)  W
PITTSBURGH     (Black White)  L
@ Cleveland       (White Black)  W

Updating the numbers accordingly gives us the following:

JERSEY PANTS............................................. ...............W-L-T......PCT. 
Orange* Black .................................................. ..........   .3-0-0....1.000 
Orange* White .................................................. .........   13-5-1.... .710 
Black Black .................................................. ............. 12-10-1.... .543 
Black White .................................................. ............. 27-26-0.... .509 
White Black .................................................. ............. 20-22-0.... .476 
White White .................................................. ............. 16-22-0.... .421

Their four most recent wins all came in the two combinations that they are worst all-time in.

I know many of you like it, but the white over black is not a great look.  The orange yokes on the shoulders don't balance with the black pants.  Those two uniform elements need to match.

jeremy-hill-donte-whitner-nfl-cincinnati

The orange pants shown below look better with the white jersey.  The Photoshopping was done to match the color of the helmet and shoulders, which were lightened by the lighting in the stadium when the picture was taken.  If this were done, the actual orange would appear darker.  Thanks to my friends at www.sportslogos.net for the photos...

GioBernOrange1_zps970dd60b.png

If you want to go really crazy with the orange...

CINbengalsorange.jpg

I'm not a big fan of the orange monochrome, but it would look better with black socks.

Archived