A View From a Lance Corporal in Iraq

Kool Keith

I've waited a while to share this with you guys - the thread is on another board that I frequent, and it was removed for a while, apparently there were some OPSEC concerns and the Lance Corporal asked the poster to take it down.

[url="http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=406972"]http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=406972[/url]

It's HUGE. Tons of content, pictures, stories, comedy... a guy just trying to get back home.

Try to make it all the way through. It really gives good insight to what some guys are doing over there.

And, now, he's back home. Just recently, too. So, don't worry about the Lance Corporal - he's safe.

Feel free to comment on this on.... I'd love to hear some commentary on "troop life".

I just found out that I have a old high school friend over in Iraq at the moment, sent him an email the other day but havent heard back yet. I expect it to take some time just from the nature of being over there.

I dont know have much prespective on "troop life" as you put it, other than being an Army brat (slang for child of someone in the Army), so thats about all I could offer.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='177223' date='Oct 27 2005, 02:09 PM']I just found out that I have a old high school friend over in Iraq at the moment, sent him an email the other day but havent heard back yet. I expect it to take some time just from the nature of being over there.

I dont know have much prespective on "troop life" as you put it, other than being an Army brat (slang for child of someone in the Army), so thats about all I could offer.[/quote]

Jamie....

Maybe I mispoke - I'm looking for commentary based on troop life as presented by this soldier's experience and writing. There's many interactions with lots of different personalities over there, and he seems to provide an all too honest day-to-day of his life on the ground.

So, I was looking for some new perspectives after people read this link. Did it change your view on what's really going down? About accurate to your thoughts? Anything else?

Just looking to raise some new conversation...

Archived