Which was the worst call of SBXL?

Guest Master Shake

???  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Which was the worst of the Pittsburgh refs calls?

• Offensive pass interference on Jackson
    • Holding on Locklear
    • Big Bitch's TD
    • Illegal block by Hasselbeck
    • Incomplete pass when Seattle WR kicked the pylon
    • No call on horse collar by Porter

[quote name='Cricket' post='215742' date='Feb 8 2006, 09:53 AM']Based upon what the Director of Officiating, Mike Pereira, said after the Colts/Steeler Monday night game, the call against Hasselbeck was probably correct.

Go to: [url="http://www.nfl.com/video/13"]http://www.nfl.com/video/13[/url] and under Video Features, go to

"Director of Officiating Mike Pereira reviews Week 12 calls"

About two-thirds of the way thru the video he addresses the call made against Pit on an interception return.
On a change of possession (kickoff, punt, interception, or fumble return) neither team can go low...even when trying to make a tackle.

My only question would be if "low" is below the knees, or below the waist (Hasselbeck's initial contact was above the knees)?

Does have a link to the [b]complete[/b] NFL rules?[/quote]

What about the tackle Ben made against the Colts on thier INT.... I thought that was below the waist too...

I still don't buy it. I have never seen it before... ever

[quote name='Lucid' post='215766' date='Feb 8 2006, 10:54 AM']What about the tackle Ben made against the Colts on thier INT.... I thought that was below the waist too...

I still don't buy it. I have never seen it before... ever[/quote]

Yeah, as I was typing my post above, I couldn't help but think of some shoe-string tackles made on kick returns...those surely are "low." That's why I was asking for a link to the NFL rules, to see just how this rule is worded.

As far as "never seen it before", I distinctly remembered when it was called in the Indy/Pit game because (I think) it had just been called against a Bengal either that same week, or the week before.

Archived