FREE AGENCY TO BE DELAYED 3 DAYS

[quote name='Chris Henrys Dealer' post='225334' date='Mar 2 2006, 05:04 PM']Just mentioned on CNBC.

NFL agrees to delay Free Agency three days.[/quote]
How would they agree to that when all of the owners are probably back in the city where their football teams are located???

[quote name='cinbngl2sbXL' post='225336' date='Mar 2 2006, 05:06 PM'][quote name='Chris Henrys Dealer' post='225334' date='Mar 2 2006, 05:04 PM']
Just mentioned on CNBC.

How would they agree to that when all of the owners are probably back in the city where their football teams are located???
[/quote]

I'm not really sure I follow you.

All decisions made for the NFL are issued from the NFL head offices in NYC.

And due to wonderous improvements in technology like the the phone, the fax, faster courier pigeons, tele and video conferencing, long distance smoke signals, owners don't actually all have to be in the same physical location or in one place to agree to something ;)

Guest Patmo
[quote name='cinbngl2sbXL' post='225336' date='Mar 2 2006, 05:06 PM'][quote name='Chris Henrys Dealer' post='225334' date='Mar 2 2006, 05:04 PM']
Just mentioned on CNBC.

[/quote]

Teleconference !

[quote name='Patmo' post='225341' date='Mar 2 2006, 05:13 PM'][quote name='cinbngl2sbXL' post='225336' date='Mar 2 2006, 05:06 PM']
[quote name='Chris Henrys Dealer' post='225334' date='Mar 2 2006, 05:04 PM']
Just mentioned on CNBC.

[/quote]

Teleconference !
[/quote]

Maybe there using the Go-Bengal chat room. Anyone been over there today?

:ninja:

I think this may be good news.

Hopefully, the players and owners will come to their good senses and work something out.

Right now the NFL is number one as far as the vast majority of sports fans are
concerned.

Strikes hurt the popularity of the MLB and NBA,

and it darned near destroyed the NHL (as if anybody cared, i know i dont)

The NFL owners and players better stop dicking around and take care of this
quick, cause if NASCAR becomes Americas favorite sport................. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/31.gif[/img]

Guest IndianaBengal
We think we are in a hell with things being held up. Imagine Marv, scouts, and all the personnel who hire FA's. They are burning and roasting.

Archived