OFFICAL TRADE DUNN THREAD

Guest WhoDeyForever

Guest bengalrick
i personally think that dunn adds to our defensive problems but he is far from our only problem... but i don't agree that the best defense is a good offense... maybe if we have 5 roger clemons' but we don't...

right now, our [url="http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/stats/sortable_team_stats.jsp?c_id=mlb&baseballScope=mlb&statType=3&sitSplit=&timeSubFrame=2006&groupByTeam=true&Submit=Submit&timeFrame=1"]fielding[/url] is ranked 28th out of 30 in MLB... that is sad... hell, i think i heard yesterday that we've given up 8 unearned runs so far this year, and in our 2 losses, we had [url="http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/wrap.jsp?ymd=20060403&content_id=1381411&vkey=wrapup2005&fext=.jsp&team=home"]3 unearned runs[/url] and [url="http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/wrap.jsp?ymd=20060409&content_id=1392101&vkey=wrapup2005&fext=.jsp&team=home"]1 unearned run[/url]

bad defense can make good pitching look bad... and bad pitching can make good defense meaningless... DOMINATE pitching can hide bad defenses...

[quote name='bengalrick' post='246875' date='Apr 10 2006, 10:56 AM']i personally think that dunn adds to our defensive problems but he is far from our only problem... but i don't agree that the best defense is a good offense... maybe if we have 5 roger clemons' but we don't...

right now, our [url="http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/stats/sortable_team_stats.jsp?c_id=mlb&baseballScope=mlb&statType=3&sitSplit=&timeSubFrame=2006&groupByTeam=true&Submit=Submit&timeFrame=1"]fielding[/url] is ranked 28th out of 30 in MLB... that is sad... hell, i think i heard yesterday that we've given up 8 unearned runs so far this year, and in our 2 losses, we had [url="http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/wrap.jsp?ymd=20060403&content_id=1381411&vkey=wrapup2005&fext=.jsp&team=home"]3 unearned runs[/url] and [url="http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/wrap.jsp?ymd=20060409&content_id=1392101&vkey=wrapup2005&fext=.jsp&team=home"]1 unearned run[/url]

bad defense can make good pitching look bad... and bad pitching can make good defense meaningless... DOMINATE pitching can hide bad defenses...[/quote]

well lets not forget its REAL early in the season... mistakes are going to happen. I know that stuff is supposed to be worked out in spring training, but guys will still make mistakes.

And it looks like Kearns is the one who is going to be traded to make room for Denorfia, not Dunn.
(I created a seperate topic for this in the Reds forum)

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='243062' date='Apr 3 2006, 04:23 PM']wow and 200k's and maybe 100 RBIs.
HRs dont mean fucking shit. RBI's do and MANY people can get more RBI's than him with way less HRs.
Most of his HRs are solo shots in his career[/quote]
Don't blame dunn for other people not getting on base when he hits a home run :|

I want to keep Dunn, Kearns, and Griffey all three good hitters

agreed that dunn would be better off on 1B tho

and when Griffey isn't injured he plays great

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='DaNi3Lâ„¢' post='248136' date='Apr 12 2006, 08:06 AM']Don't blame dunn for other people not getting on base when he hits a home run :|

and when Griffey isn't injured he plays great[/quote]

dunn might be better off at first, but is our team?

Guest Master Shake
[quote name='DaNi3Lâ„¢' post='248136' date='Apr 12 2006, 08:06 AM']Don't blame dunn for other people not getting on base when he hits a home run :|

and when Griffey isn't injured he plays great[/quote]

exactly...we have 3 power hitters for 3 power spots (LF,RF,1B) on the field...the problem is, we don't have a true CF to let Griffey move to LF and protect him from injury. Maybe Denorfia can develop into one eventually. The whole point of trading Casey was to move Dunn to 1B, not to platoon Scott Hatteburg and Rich Aurilia there.
Dunn is incredibly frustrating to watch, and strikes out looking more than anyone I've ever seen, but you gotta think (maybe someone can help with stats) he's seen more pitches to this point in his career than any player in history. I don't want him to get on another team when all those reps finally click in and he goes Mark McGwire (I don't think that's too far off). Remember, the guy's prime is still ahead of him.

[quote name='Master Shake' post='248187' date='Apr 12 2006, 10:37 AM']exactly...we have 3 power hitters for 3 power spots (LF,RF,1B) on the field...the problem is, we don't have a true CF to let Griffey move to LF and protect him from injury. Maybe Denorfia can develop into one eventually. The whole point of trading Casey was to move Dunn to 1B, not to platoon Scott Hatteburg and Rich Aurilia there.
Dunn is incredibly frustrating to watch, and strikes out looking more than anyone I've ever seen, but you gotta think (maybe someone can help with stats) [b]he's seen more pitches to this point in his career than any player in history. I don't want him to get on another team when all those reps finally click in and he goes Mark McGwire (I don't think that's too far off). Remember, the guy's prime is still ahead of him.[/b][/quote]

well said master shake. I agree. The guy is only going to get better. I do remeber when Dunn came into the league in 2001, Peter Gammons said this on baseball tonight "This will be the year that we not only remember Barry Bonds hit 73 homeruns, but we will also remember Adam Dunn coming into the league"

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='dieselman44' post='248281' date='Apr 12 2006, 02:42 PM']well said master shake. I agree. The guy is only going to get better. I do remeber when Dunn came into the league in 2001, Peter Gammons said this on baseball tonight "This will be the year that we not only remember Barry Bonds hit 73 homeruns, but we will also remember Adam Dunn coming into the league"[/quote]

Peter Gammons is a pretty big dumbass tho.

Guest ThurmanMunster

[quote name='dieselman44' post='248379' date='Apr 12 2006, 05:41 PM']Peter Gammons baseball knowledge>Thurman Munsters baseball knowledge

:ninja:[/quote]

says who? ESPN?

i think its pretty damn obvious they just throw analyst tags on people. Every sport tehy have analysts for suck ass.

line up ANY baseball gm/coach and he would disagree with peter gammons every time.

Gammons, Reynolds is the worst combo of people on life for baseball analysts. A close 2nd for worst analysts of all time is Sean Salisbury, that badass career backup QB who ud think was in the HOF lol. Or that badass Chris Berman.

The only person tehy have on any of their shows that seems to have a legit knowledge is John Clayton and Tom Jackson, but they are questionable at times.

Kornheiser, Wilbon and Woody Paige > any ESPN analyst....and they rnt good eihter lol

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='248395' date='Apr 12 2006, 06:17 PM']says who? ESPN?
i think its pretty damn obvious they just throw analyst tags on people. Every sport tehy have analysts for suck ass.
line up ANY baseball gm/coach and he would disagree with peter gammons every time.

Gammons, Reynolds is the worst combo of people on life for baseball analysts. A close 2nd for worst analysts of all time is Sean Salisbury, that badass career backup QB who ud think was in the HOF lol. Or that badass Chris Berman.
The only person tehy have on any of their shows that seems to have a legit knowledge is John Clayton and Tom Jackson, but they are questionable at times.
Kornheiser, Wilbon and Woody Paige > any ESPN analyst....and they rnt good eihter lol[/quote]

You're an idiot :afropic:
But really, Gammons is in the Baseball hall of Fame for his writing and years of covering the sport. He's spent more years covering baseball than most players and some coaches have been alive.
Peter Gammons shits out more baseball knowledge every day than many coaches will ever attain.

Guest ThurmanMunster

[quote name='eva4ben-gal' post='248449' date='Apr 12 2006, 09:14 PM']You're an idiot :afropic:
But really, Gammons is in the Baseball hall of Fame for his writing and years of covering the sport. He's spent more years covering baseball than most players and some coaches have been alive.
Peter Gammons shits out more baseball knowledge every day than many coaches will ever attain.[/quote]

i know of a lot of wrtiers who have been working for years and they will NEVER be considered more knowledgable than the coaches LOL

Nice job.

Dunn just gave up another run because he cant pick up a fuckin half ass ball in LF.

Archived