OFFICAL TRADE DUNN THREAD

Guest WhoDeyForever

Guest WhoDeyForever

SIGN YOUR NAME HERE IF YOU WANT THE REDS TO TRADE ADAM DUNN... this is gettting ridiclious im tired of his shitty outfielding...gets paid all that money and cant catch a ball...has made 3 or 4 errors today on opening day trade him or at least try him at first again... sign ur name here if u want him gone :angry:

Guest WhoDeyForever
[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='242990' date='Apr 3 2006, 04:42 PM']Hes had a bad defensive game but you I still like him and there is no way they will trade him...chill for a second and realize its just opening day[/quote]
well it goes back to last year and i dont wanna go through another year of it..its embarassing

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='243020' date='Apr 3 2006, 05:32 PM']he sucks on d but the weather/wind is horrible today, plus its only game one and he already has a hr and a sac fly

hell be fine[/quote]

He will be fine if we move him to first base.

That is the only place he should play.

I would rather see freel in the outfield or the minor league player of the year for the reds in deforia (however the hell you spell it)

Dunn has played a shitty left field for over three years. I know because I have had a seat right behind him the whole time and he also has no arm.

Trade Dunn for Wily Mo and another pitcher if we dont move him to first.

I still can believe we moved him back to the outfield. The reds almost did something right when we got rid of casey and planned on putting dunn over there.

Dunn is an below average outfielder and nobody ever realized that except me....... believe it or not Wily Mo was better in the outfield for two reasons

He had an arm
And he hustled

Dunn didnt hustle on any of the balls hit to him and hes lucky he only got 1 error......he should of had 3 and 4 if he didnt make that lucky catch when he almost took lopez out.

Keep his bat in the line up move him to first or trade him and move that huge contract!!!

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='Storm' post='243054' date='Apr 3 2006, 07:12 PM']NO!

Dudes a 50 homer a year guy[/quote]

wow and 200k's and maybe 100 RBIs.

HRs dont mean fucking shit. RBI's do and MANY people can get more RBI's than him with way less HRs.

Most of his HRs are solo shots in his career and he is HORRIBLE with runners in scoring position. He is NOT clutch and k's way too much. He cant play a lick of defense either.

Today was an average day for Dunn in the OF. He is a horrid fielder and always has been and since so many balls were hit to left EVERYONE could see how bad he truly is. He is overrated becuase he has great power. He is Greg Vaughn with worse defense. Greg Vaughn didnt mean shit to pretty much anyone in the majors. A guy thats gonna hit 240-250 45-50 HRs, 100 RBIs, 200K's and give up more runs defensively than he can score offensively needs to be gone.

I was pissed when we signed him to an extention, hopefully he gets traded or these next 3 years go really quick so he can walk the fuck out of here. I am pretty sure he doesn't wnat to be here anymore after the lovely standing O he got when he FINALLY caught a fuckin ball in LF. Well atleast i hope he doesnt because from day 1 i have wanted him out, along with Kearns and so far they havent led us to shit or really done shit that is worthy of thinking about.

Fuck Dunn, Fuck Kearns, Fuck Griffey (when he half asses 99% of the time).

GO REDS! Castellininwill get this shit fixed at some point.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='243062' date='Apr 3 2006, 05:23 PM'][quote name='Storm' post='243054' date='Apr 3 2006, 07:12 PM']
NO!

HRs dont mean fucking shit. RBI's do and MANY people can get more RBI's than him with way less HRs.

Most of his HRs are solo shots in his career and he is HORRIBLE with runners in scoring position. He is NOT clutch and k's way too much. He cant play a lick of defense either.

Today was an average day for Dunn in the OF. He is a horrid fielder and always has been and since so many balls were hit to left EVERYONE could see how bad he truly is. He is overrated becuase he has great power. He is Greg Vaughn with worse defense. Greg Vaughn didnt mean shit to pretty much anyone in the majors. A guy thats gonna hit 240-250 45-50 HRs, 100 RBIs, 200K's and give up more runs defensively than he can score offensively needs to be gone.

I was pissed when we signed him to an extention, hopefully he gets traded or these next 3 years go really quick so he can walk the fuck out of here. I am pretty sure he doesn't wnat to be here anymore after the lovely standing O he got when he FINALLY caught a fuckin ball in LF. Well atleast i hope he doesnt because from day 1 i have wanted him out, along with Kearns and so far they havent led us to shit or really done shit that is worthy of thinking about.

[/quote]
I agreed with you until the Griffey comment. As Prima-Donna-ish as he may be, he is still a stud. He's just been hurt. And those injuries were the result of hustle. KGJ is good for the Reds, and I think he will have a monster year.

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='Bunghole' post='243076' date='Apr 3 2006, 07:53 PM'][quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='243062' date='Apr 3 2006, 05:23 PM']
[quote name='Storm' post='243054' date='Apr 3 2006, 07:12 PM']
NO!

[/quote]
[b]I agreed with you until the Griffey comment. As Prima-Donna-ish as he may be, he is still a stud. He's just been hurt. And those injuries were the result of hustle. KGJ is good for the Reds, and I think he will have a monster year.[/b]
[/quote]

whoa. I never said griffey was bad. I jsut dont like griffeys inability to work his ass off. I know he is good and has just had injuries, BUT he halfasses everything. I want to see a player that is going to work his ass off, especially if the team isnt winning. More effort from him might not make us a top team, but it wouldnt hurt to see him put some effort in with his talent too. He would be better than he has been when healthy since here in cincy AND maybe he would get more work out of the other players since he is seen as a leader.

Guest ThurmanMunster
Simple Dunn joke based on the day:

i heard george w bush wanted to declare war on dunn cuz he looked like a terrorist for the cubs against the reds

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='243062' date='Apr 3 2006, 11:23 PM'][quote name='Storm' post='243054' date='Apr 3 2006, 07:12 PM']
NO!

[b]Fuck Dunn, Fuck Kearns, Fuck Griffey (when he half asses 99% of the time).

GO REDS! [/b]Castellininwill get this shit fixed at some point.
[/quote]

He struck out 160 times last year and its not his fault that people can't get on base in front of him so that he can drive in more runs, don't forget the fact that he walked over 100 times too

[b]Fuck Dunn, Fuck Kearns, Fuck Griffey, GO REDS! [/b]

Hilarious! [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='BrassBengal' post='243059' date='Apr 3 2006, 07:20 PM'][quote name='Nati Ice' post='243020' date='Apr 3 2006, 05:32 PM']
he sucks on d but the weather/wind is horrible today, plus its only game one and he already has a hr and a sac fly

hell be fine[/quote]

I would rather see freel in the outfield or the minor league player of the year for the reds in deforia (however the hell you spell it)

Dunn has played a shitty left field for over three years. I know because I have had a seat right behind him the whole time and he also has no arm.

I still can believe we moved him back to the outfield. The reds almost did something right when we got rid of casey and planned on putting dunn over there.

Dunn is an below average outfielder and nobody ever realized that except me....... believe it or not Wily Mo was better in the outfield for two reasons

He had an arm
And he hustled

Dunn didnt hustle on any of the balls hit to him and hes lucky he only got 1 error......he should of had 3 and 4 if he didnt make that lucky catch when he almost took lopez out.

Keep his bat in the line up move him to first or trade him and move that huge contract!!!
[/quote]

:blink:

do you realize that you are saying to move our worst fielder, to the position that you should have one of your best fielders on the field?

if we are serious about upgrading this team, we need to trade dunn... its as simple as that... you don't win championships w/ subpar defense, and he will cost us some games this year... he can hit like no other, but his defense is just not there... he is a 50-60 HR guy in his prime, but shouldn't ever be out on the field... he is destined to be a DH imho....

trade him, get some minor league studs, or another number two [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//37.gif[/img] and spell us of the 30 sole 450 ft homeruns, a bunch of goofy plays, and his 200 SO's... i like dunn alright, but he is not someone you want to build a franchise around... defense will make up for average pitching...

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='243062' date='Apr 3 2006, 07:23 PM']Fuck Dunn, Fuck Kearns, Fuck Griffey (when he half asses 99% of the time).

GO REDS! Castellininwill get this shit fixed at some point.[/quote]

griffey and kearns are all one would ask for... good defense, smart baserunning, and can hit for average and power... what more can you ask for? sure, they have been injured the past few years, but things happen... when i played peewee football, every single year my team went to the playoffs, and no shit, 3 years in a row i broke a bone... finally my last year in that league, i got to go and jarod lorenzen beat us when we was playing for the dixie raiders... i caught a 60 yard pass and that fucker was playing safety and caught me from behind and i fumbled.... it was a bullshit call.... and i was never known for my speed :)

any way rant off, just got caught in some memories... but some people just have shit luck... griffey is playing lights out, and he rarely makes mistakes besides half assing sometimes, which is warrented considering his legs... and kearns has had shit luck... he has all the tools, and IS someone i would want to build a franchise around... dunn needs to be traded though....

[quote name='bengalrick' post='243163' date='Apr 3 2006, 10:19 PM']if we are serious about upgrading this team, we need to trade dunn... its as simple as that... you don't win championships w/ subpar defense, and [b]he will cost us some games this year[/b]... he can hit like no other, but his defense is just not there... he is a 50-60 HR guy in his prime, but shouldn't ever be out on the field... he is destined to be a DH imho....[/quote]

he definatly helped us lose today. i know hes a bad fielder. and i will give hi mthat one missed ball becasue of the win. but that other one where he and lopez went for it and he didnt get it. he just straight up got a slow start and then kept hesitating. he got lucky and caught the other one him and lopez got confused with. isnt that what spring training is for? get your shit straight BEFORE the season. but im gonna give it time.

and dunn. im gonna give the issue about trading him some time too. gotta wait and see. i love him and hate him. but can DEFINATLY see the benefits of a trade. and it might jsut be the right way to go. but trade him already? thats kinda rediculous.

[quote name='bengalrick' post='243163' date='Apr 3 2006, 10:19 PM'][quote name='BrassBengal' post='243059' date='Apr 3 2006, 07:20 PM']
[quote name='Nati Ice' post='243020' date='Apr 3 2006, 05:32 PM']
he sucks on d but the weather/wind is horrible today, plus its only game one and he already has a hr and a sac fly

hell be fine[/quote]

He had an arm
And he hustled

[/quote]

:blink:

do you realize that you are saying to move our worst fielder, to the position that you should have one of your best fielders on the field?

if we are serious about upgrading this team, we need to trade dunn... its as simple as that... you don't win championships w/ subpar defense, and he will cost us some games this year... he can hit like no other, but his defense is just not there... he is a 50-60 HR guy in his prime, but shouldn't ever be out on the field... he is destined to be a DH imho....

trade him, get some minor league studs, or another number two [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//37.gif[/img] and spell us of the 30 sole 450 ft homeruns, a bunch of goofy plays, and his 200 SO's... i like dunn alright, but he is not someone you want to build a franchise around... defense will make up for average pitching...
[/quote]

Yes I realize I said to put him at first base. He is our worst outfielder not plain old fielder. Being 6.5 dunn can dig balls out and field a ground ball being he doenst have to move his donkey ass. He is a liabliity in the outfield and would not be as big of a one in the infield considering his huge frame and ability to catch the high throws that others would have to jump for or some watch go over their head.

Again like i said before

I guess we are going to have to trade him and if we are far enough out by the all star break see ya Dunn

(yes i understand that there are a lot more games to go but after seeing dunn in person for over 200 games ive had enough time that this guy is exposed as the shitty OUTfielder that he is)

I dont understand where some people get this idea that Griffey is a lazy piece of shit and does nothing to get himself in shape. All ive heard is good things about the guy, he's basically just been in the wrong place at the wrong time with his injuries. I mean who are you to decide how much Griffey works out? Are you his personal trainer? Do you have a tracking device on him in the offseason? Im always hearing about how Griffey is a ballpark junkie. If something is wrong with his swing he is the first one to take extra BP. I think some people forget this guy took MILLIONS less to come here. This is where he wants to be and play out his career. I mean seriously give the guy a break, When you play 162 games a year in the short amount of time that they do your bound to get injured, and Griffeys injuries just caught up to him at the time he is with the Reds. I just dont believe in calling someone out on there work ethic when you have no personal evidence of such a thing.

Bengalrick, i think im starting to agree with you alittle on the Dunn situation. But honestly the Reds fences arent getting moved back anytime soon, facing the facts the Reds play in a hitters ballpark. You still need hitters to score runs in our park, Thats one of the questions i have for you. If we do trade Dunn then that is taking a lot out of our O. Which means if we give up 7 runs in a game then we are destin to lose because we wouldnt be able to score that many runs on a consistant basis. I would wait on Dunn for awhile until we have a better minor league system and better OFers that can come in and take his spot without losing much offensively. Gimme so ideas of what/who you think we can get for Dunn and id like to continue discussing this with you further.

Guest ThurmanMunster

[quote name='bengalrick' post='243172' date='Apr 3 2006, 10:26 PM'][quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='243062' date='Apr 3 2006, 07:23 PM']

[b]griffey and kearns are all one would ask for... good defense, smart baserunning, and can hit for average and power... what more can you ask for? sure, they have been injured the past few years, but things happen...[/b] when i played peewee football, every single year my team went to the playoffs, and no shit, 3 years in a row i broke a bone... finally my last year in that league, i got to go and jarod lorenzen beat us when we was playing for the dixie raiders... i caught a 60 yard pass and that fucker was playing safety and caught me from behind and i fumbled.... it was a bullshit call.... and i was never known for my speed :)

any way rant off, just got caught in some memories... but some people just have shit luck... [b]griffey is playing lights out, and he rarely makes mistakes besides half assing sometimes, which is warrented considering his legs... and kearns has had shit luck... he has all the tools, and IS someone i would want to build a franchise around... dunn needs to be traded though....[/b]
[/quote]

Kearns is all u could ask for and he is good defense? smart baserunning? hit for avg? and power?

hmmmmm....

good defense hmmm....Kearns has a great arm, but not an average fielding defense at most.

smart baserunning...cant really judge that considering his lack of time on the bases.

hit for avg hmmm.......Kearns has a career 266 average and his only season over 264 was 315 and that was his rookie year. lots of rookies put up good #'s and suck for the rest of their careers.

power hmmm....Kearns career high is 18 HRs. he avgs a HR every 23.1 at bats, that is not very good

Kearns has all the tools? he needs to prove something first. You havent proven shit until you have played a full season. Last year was his closest to a full season and he got SENT TO AAA because he fucking sucked so bad. His most games played was last season and he had a monsterous 240 avg. He averages almost 1 strikeout per game. So that would be 162 k's a year if he could fucking play a full season.

He is soon to be 26 years old and has been injured more than 36 year old griffey.

Kearns cant possibly be a player to build a franchise around because he isnt with the team 50-75% of the season.

We dont have a franchise player on this team. Nor do we have a future CF, 2B or 1B. We dont have an ace SP or a closer or a bullpen (most of these guys will croak soon they r that old).

Hopefully we can get some guys to step it up or something.

I would love Kearns to learn how to become a healthy good baseball player, but i dont see it happening. If it does ill eat my words and apologize and root him on, but i am not worried at all so far.

[quote name='dieselman44' post='243262' date='Apr 4 2006, 01:33 AM'][b]I dont understand where some people get this idea that Griffey is a lazy piece of shit and does nothing to get himself in shape.[/b] All ive heard is good things about the guy, he's basically just been in the wrong place at the wrong time with his injuries. I mean who are you to decide how much Griffey works out? Are you his personal trainer? Do you have a tracking device on him in the offseason? Im always hearing about how Griffey is a ballpark junkie. If something is wrong with his swing he is the first one to take extra BP. I think some people forget this guy took MILLIONS less to come here. This is where he wants to be and play out his career. I mean seriously give the guy a break, When you play 162 games a year in the short amount of time that they do your bound to get injured, and Griffeys injuries just caught up to him at the time he is with the Reds. I just dont believe in calling someone out on there work ethic when you have no personal evidence of such a thing.[/quote]

i didnt say one thing regarding his shape, there is a HUGE difference between giving ur all on the field and being in shape. Griffey never runs and never does the little things on the field. If he gave more effort, he would be MUCH better off and so would the team. his offseason doesnt mean shit to giving effor in game. no one has called griffey out on his work ethic, he was called out on his effort in game. and when was the last time griffey played 162 games? he has no reason to be getting injured and thats not wat bothers me, he had freak injuries; nothing you could do about it.

I dont care if griffey took millions less to come here. that was his choice, that doesnt give him the right to half ass his way all the time. I would have prefered it if he never came here. When he came here i told my dad the Reds have no chance. To much money considering we didnt have SP. I also never believed a team iwth Griffey would ever win a championship, he is just one of those players that will never experience it.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='243266' date='Apr 4 2006, 02:11 AM'][quote name='bengalrick' post='243172' date='Apr 3 2006, 10:26 PM']
[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='243062' date='Apr 3 2006, 07:23 PM']

[b]griffey and kearns are all one would ask for... good defense, smart baserunning, and can hit for average and power... what more can you ask for? sure, they have been injured the past few years, but things happen...[/b] when i played peewee football, every single year my team went to the playoffs, and no shit, 3 years in a row i broke a bone... finally my last year in that league, i got to go and jarod lorenzen beat us when we was playing for the dixie raiders... i caught a 60 yard pass and that fucker was playing safety and caught me from behind and i fumbled.... it was a bullshit call.... and i was never known for my speed :)

any way rant off, just got caught in some memories... but some people just have shit luck... [b]griffey is playing lights out, and he rarely makes mistakes besides half assing sometimes, which is warrented considering his legs... and kearns has had shit luck... he has all the tools, and IS someone i would want to build a franchise around... dunn needs to be traded though....[/b]
[/quote]

Kearns is all u could ask for and he is good defense? smart baserunning? hit for avg? and power?

hmmmmm....

good defense hmmm....Kearns has a great arm, but not an average fielding defense at most.

smart baserunning...cant really judge that considering his lack of time on the bases.

hit for avg hmmm.......Kearns has a career 266 average and his only season over 264 was 315 and that was his rookie year. lots of rookies put up good #'s and suck for the rest of their careers.

power hmmm....Kearns career high is 18 HRs. he avgs a HR every 23.1 at bats, that is not very good

Kearns has all the tools? he needs to prove something first. You havent proven shit until you have played a full season. Last year was his closest to a full season and he got SENT TO AAA because he fucking sucked so bad. His most games played was last season and he had a monsterous 240 avg. He averages almost 1 strikeout per game. So that would be 162 k's a year if he could fucking play a full season.

He is soon to be 26 years old and has been injured more than 36 year old griffey.

Kearns cant possibly be a player to build a franchise around because he isnt with the team 50-75% of the season.

We dont have a franchise player on this team. Nor do we have a future CF, 2B or 1B. We dont have an ace SP or a closer or a bullpen (most of these guys will croak soon they r that old).

I would love Kearns to learn how to become a healthy good baseball player, but i dont see it happening. If it does ill eat my words and apologize and root him on, but i am not worried at all so far.

[quote name='dieselman44' post='243262' date='Apr 4 2006, 01:33 AM'][b]I dont understand where some people get this idea that Griffey is a lazy piece of shit and does nothing to get himself in shape.[/b] All ive heard is good things about the guy, he's basically just been in the wrong place at the wrong time with his injuries. I mean who are you to decide how much Griffey works out? Are you his personal trainer? Do you have a tracking device on him in the offseason? Im always hearing about how Griffey is a ballpark junkie. If something is wrong with his swing he is the first one to take extra BP. I think some people forget this guy took MILLIONS less to come here. This is where he wants to be and play out his career. I mean seriously give the guy a break, When you play 162 games a year in the short amount of time that they do your bound to get injured, and Griffeys injuries just caught up to him at the time he is with the Reds. I just dont believe in calling someone out on there work ethic when you have no personal evidence of such a thing.[/quote]

i didnt say one thing regarding his shape, there is a HUGE difference between giving ur all on the field and being in shape. Griffey never runs and never does the little things on the field. If he gave more effort, he would be MUCH better off and so would the team. his offseason doesnt mean shit to giving effor in game. no one has called griffey out on his work ethic, he was called out on his effort in game. and when was the last time griffey played 162 games? he has no reason to be getting injured and thats not wat bothers me, he had freak injuries; nothing you could do about it.

I dont care if griffey took millions less to come here. that was his choice, that doesnt give him the right to half ass his way all the time. I would have prefered it if he never came here. When he came here i told my dad the Reds have no chance. To much money considering we didnt have SP. I also never believed a team iwth Griffey would ever win a championship, he is just one of those players that will never experience it.
[/quote]

Thurman, give me some examples of Griffey half assing something. And i bet that everyone you give me i can say that 95% of the MLB players do the same thing. But Griffey gets singled out because his the bigshot on the team. He makes the most money, he was suppose to bring this city a world series championship and since he hasnt everyones pointing the finger at him. Dont you think thats a bit unfair.

Guest ThurmanMunster

[quote name='dieselman44' post='243275' date='Apr 4 2006, 03:23 AM'][quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='243266' date='Apr 4 2006, 02:11 AM']
[quote name='bengalrick' post='243172' date='Apr 3 2006, 10:26 PM']
[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='243062' date='Apr 3 2006, 07:23 PM']

[/quote]

hmmmmm....

[/quote]

Thurman, give me some examples of Griffey half assing something. And i bet that everyone you give me i can say that 95% of the MLB players do the same thing. But Griffey gets singled out because his the bigshot on the team. He makes the most money, [b]he was suppose to bring this city a world series championship and since he hasnt everyones pointing the finger at him[/b]. Dont you think thats a bit unfair.
[/quote]

that was the expectation of morons, it was pretty clear he wasnt the answer or a need before we got him. mike cameron did good enough in CF, we needed pitching. we have always needed pitching and will always need pitching.

After talking to Krivisky sunday, I don't see us trading Dunn anytime soon...

Larue, maybe.

Wagner, maybe.

Dunn? I dont see it happening.

Listen, I dont know how many of you guys were at the game, but the wind was terrible. Dunn isn't a terrible fielder, he's not good, but he's not terrible. A lot of those balls carried on him, and he wasn't able to catch up to them. I'm not making excuses for him, but the wind was terrible.

[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='243334' date='Apr 4 2006, 10:06 AM']Dunn isn't a terrible fielder, he's not good, but he's not terrible. A lot of those balls carried on him, and he wasn't able to catch up to them. I'm not making excuses for him, but the wind was terrible.[/quote]

yep.

and

Bashing Junior?

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/30.gif[/img]

Archived