The AC Debate

I thought this was interesting enough to deserve it's own thread, if I am on to something, it also may speak volumes about other FSU propects in this draft.

If AC was/is as great as he's being made out to be, why was he not a starter, at all, ever?

I can't believe that Bobby Bowden couldn't see what everyone "sees" in AC. There has to be some reason that BB didn't make AC a stater. If he's got all this talent he should have been a starter in 2004. He had a pretty decent season in 2003 as a Fr, so why couldn't he make the jump to be a stater?

With the kind of talent this guy is supposed to have, FSU would almost have to have "Neon Deion" as the CB AC was sitting behind. And even at that, there is 2 CB spots on a Defense.

What does Bobby Bowden know about AC that the rest of us don't?

Again, I can't believe a coach of college football for 30+ years would be able to keep his job if he kept such great players as AC on the bench.

There has to be a reason.....

Also, 2005 was ACs junior season, with this kind of injury, as severe as it is, don't you think you'd be better off to go back and play your Senior season? Especially if you've never been a starting player on defense and want to be a 1st round choice in the NFL draft.

I mean coming into the NFL draft as a guy who's never been a starter and hasn't played football in 1 1/2 years is VERY risky and if you screw it up, you made a real bad choice. Dosen't speak a lot to his intelligence.

I think it's a decent point about starting and should be taken into consideration. I'm not sure it's the be-all and end-all, though. He wouldn't be the first (or last) guy drafted on potential.

I'm not sure anyone is declaring AC a runaway favourite yet, either. He has some hype after his workouts...That's all.

When the hype calms down and the board starts to unfold, we'll know what we're looking at.

BZ

[quote name='TheBZ' post='245209' date='Apr 7 2006, 10:34 AM']I think it's a decent point about starting and should be taken into consideration. I'm not sure it's the be-all and end-all, though. He wouldn't be the first (or last) guy drafted on potential.

I'm not sure anyone is declaring AC a runaway favourite yet, either. He has some hype after his workouts...That's all.

When the hype calms down and the board starts to unfold, we'll know what we're looking at.

BZ[/quote]

Agreed.

From Yahoo Sports:

[quote]In his first two years, Cromartie lived up to the hype as one of the nation's most coveted cornerback recruits. Despite playing in a deep and talented secondary, Cromartie played in every game as a true freshman, then earned All-Atlantic Coast Conference first-team honors despite starting only one game as a sophomore.[/quote]

This is clipped from a post in the main forum.

Archived