Would you have taken the deal the Broncos got for #22 pick?

Guest fredtoast

would you take same deal  

9 members have voted

1. 1. would you take same deral

• yes
    • no

Guest fredtoast
The Broncos got a very high 2nd (#37) and very high 3rd (#68) in exchange for their #22 pick in the first. I would have taken this deal if they had offered it for our #24. I think that there will be a lot of really good players in the top ten picks of the second round, possibly M. Lewis, Pope, Cromartie, Jason Allen, one of the top CBs, Gabe Watson, or any of several others that would be almost equal in value to our #24. Then we would have an extra third that is only 5 picks out of the second round. There will be a lot of good players there also.

The whole draft is more of a crapshoot than most people will admit. The best way to increase our chances of getting a quality player is increasing our number of chances.

I do see the value in that...But at #24 this year, there is a possibility that someone the Bengals consider a top 15 guy could fall...Be it Williams, Allen, Kiwanuka, Hali, etc. It all depends on their war room rank.

At #37, you still might come up with Marcedes Lewis...But it is not the same, if you really had a shot at Williams.

Besides...With 56 contracts filled, there are already going to be paid players getting cut after the draft/minicamps...The necessity of loading up on picks just isn't the same as in other years. I think 5 max will make this team.

BZ

Archived