Why Democrats Can't Win

Homer_Rice

[quote name='bengalrick' post='263960' date='May 5 2006, 11:35 AM'][i]or 3, lobby for preventive solutions...[/i]

like cutting some useless programs, cutting our dependancy on oil, moving towards using nuclear energy, and cutting our peoples dependancy on our government?

i know, i'm just being a smart ass, but all of these things would help our economic outlook, right? among other things that i'm sure you can come up w/... that is my point, i have my demands, you have yours... its shouldn't be hard to compromise the two positions together....[/quote]

BR, the problem is not the range of potential solutions. They are known to those in power. The problem is that we have spent 40 years moving in the wrong direction--which was a path chosen by, you guessed it, those in power.

My elected representatives know what I think because I have communicated my views to them. Do yours know your views?

Guest BlackJesus
[quote name='bengalrick' post='263962' date='May 5 2006, 11:38 AM']funny people are getting "dumber" at the same time that everybody has more information than anyone of our parents ever dreamed of, w/ the internet.... hmmm....

i call bullshit....[/quote]

[b]we are getting more inoformation , but most of it is useless. Millions of Americans are up to date on what star is pregnant or fucking whom .... but they know little about international affairs. More Americans in a recent survey could name the Simpsons family than list the rights derived from the 1st amendment .... Our heads are filled with useless shit ..... the irony is that yes .... we have access to more info than ever .... but that 80 % of that info is just distraction from the actual important events. [/b]

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='Homer_Rice' post='264027' date='May 5 2006, 01:24 PM']BR, the problem is not the range of potential solutions. They are known to those in power. The problem is that we have spent 40 years moving in the wrong direction--which was a path chosen by, you guessed it, those in power.

My elected representatives know what I think because I have communicated my views to them. [b]Do yours know your views?[/b][/quote]

i'm still in the process of learing my views... i know i come of sometimes as "i know everything" but let me be the first to say that i know far from everything... i am a real work in progress...

so to answer your question, no

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='BlackJesus' post='264030' date='May 5 2006, 01:28 PM'][b]we are getting more inoformation , but most of it is useless. Millions of Americans are up to date on what star is pregnant or fucking whom .... but they know little about international affairs. More Americans in a recent survey could name the Simpsons family than list the rights derived from the 1st amendment .... Our heads are filled with useless shit ..... the irony is that yes .... we have access to more info than ever .... but that 80 % of that info is just distraction from the actual important events. [/b][/quote]

i can't really argue w/ you there... it makes me sick too, when i hear people coming into work and talking about "lost" and "american idol"...

but i do think that americans are smarter politically now than 30 or 40 years ago... but considering i'm only 25, i am talking out of my ass... but it seems to me, that the increase in information, would lead to an increase in smarts on the subject... also 9.11 has opened up alot of peoples eyes, and this is where i can be included....

[quote name='bengalrick' post='264037' date='May 5 2006, 01:35 PM'][b]but i do think that americans are smarter politically now than 30 or 40 years ago...[/b] but considering i'm only 25, i am talking out of my ass... but it seems to me, that the increase in information, would lead to an increase in smarts on the subject... also 9.11 has opened up alot of peoples eyes, and this is where i can be included....[/quote]

Why do you think folks nowadays are more astute than they were in the 1966-76 time frame? Is it because of the massive anti-war movement now that dwarfs the one that arose during the Vietnam period? Is it because the politicization of hip-hop culture outshines the Civil Rights Movement? Is it because the MSM is much more truthful and independent now than they were during the late 60s?

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='Homer_Rice' post='264223' date='May 5 2006, 07:57 PM']Why do you think folks nowadays are more astute than they were in the 1966-76 time frame? Is it because of the massive anti-war movement now that dwarfs the one that arose during the Vietnam period? Is it because the politicization of hip-hop culture outshines the Civil Rights Movement? Is it because the MSM is much more truthful and independent now than they were during the late 60s?[/quote]

maybe it was built up so much more back then, for a reason? does it have to be that everyone is just stupid now? like i said, i don't know, but i do know that for anyone that wants it, the information is now available...

Archived