Rekalin Sims is transfering

[quote]Kentucky junior Rekalin Sims has requested and been granted his release to transfer from the Wildcats’ men’s basketball team, Coach Tubby Smith announced Tuesday.
“We certainly wish Rekalin the best as he pursues other opportunities,” Smith said. “He’s a quality player and he’d be an asset to whatever school he ends up attending.”

Sims did not inform Smith where he intends to play, but he will have to sit out a season under NCAA transfer rules before playing his final season of eligibility if he elects to transfer to another Division I school.

The 6-8 forward from Vallejo, Calif., played in 29 games for UK, earning a starting nod six times. He averaged 4.4 ppg and 2.9 rpg, but showed impressive play early in the season. Sims played 20 minutes in the season debut against South Dakota State, totaling 11 points and seven rebounds.

His best game of the season came against Iowa in the semifinals of the Guardian’s Classic, where he had 22 points and seven rebounds in a starting role. However, Sims totaled just 24 points in his last 15 games this season, including eight scoreless outings after the start of SEC play.[/quote]
www.ukathletics.com

[quote name='BigDawgBengal' post='262431' date='May 2 2006, 09:04 PM']www.ukathletics.com[/quote]
Good. This opens up a needed scholarship for a player that can actually make a difference. Sims was far too inconsistent and foul-prone to be in the 11-12 man rotation at UK.

[quote name='Johnsons4Life' post='262441' date='May 2 2006, 09:15 PM']I'm only glad because I hate Kentucky basketball.[/quote]
Yeah, it's easy to hate the type of basketball that emphasizes team defense, distributing the ball, and perennial excellence.
You must be a disgruntled Huggins fan.
How'd UC do in the tourney against UK 2 years ago?
:lol:

Guest Johnsons4Life

[quote name='Bunghole' post='262448' date='May 2 2006, 10:24 PM']Yeah, it's easy to hate the type of basketball that emphasizes team defense, distributing the ball, and perennial excellence.
You must be a disgruntled Huggins fan.
How'd UC do in the tourney against UK 2 years ago?
:lol:[/quote]

I've always hated the out of state teams. Doesn't matter in what sport or in college or pro. Of course in state i cant stand cleveland. So outside of cincy and columbus I dont like much.

Archived