Griffey activated from the DL

CTA513

Guest oldschooler
[quote][size=5][b]Griffey activated, will bat third[/b][/size]
[size=3][b]Center fielder off disabled list following knee strain[/b][/size]
By Mark Sheldon / MLB.com

CINCINNATI -- After missing nearly a month with a right knee injury, Reds center fielder Ken Griffey Jr. was activated from the 15-day disabled list before Thursday's game against the Nationals and will bat third in the starting lineup.
Griffey, who strained his knee on April 12 while shagging fly balls at Wrigley Field, had spent the past couple of days running the bases at full speed in a final test.

To make room for Griffey on the 25-man roster, outfielder Chris Denorfia was optioned back to Triple-A Louisville.

Griffey is batting .258 with two homers and seven RBIs in eight games. [b]His chances of seeing action on Thursday night depend largely on Mother Nature. A full day of rain forced the tarp onto the field at Great American Ball Park.[/b][/quote]

[url="http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060511&content_id=1448880&vkey=news_cin&fext=.jsp&c_id=cin"]http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/...t=.jsp&c_id=cin[/url]

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='dieselman44' post='266784' date='May 11 2006, 04:46 PM']Get Freel outta there finally! Hes killing this team.[/quote]

ya his 364 OBP and above average defense in CF is hurting this team..............

i want Griffey back because i think he can spark this team, BUT freel isnt hurting this team.

[quote name='TecmoBengal9' post='266813' date='May 11 2006, 06:16 PM']Not a chance in hell we see Griffey tonight because of the weather. I'm glad he's back but it could still be a couple of days until he plays because the weather is supposed to stay rainy/cloudy/shitty for the next few days.[/quote]

:rolleyes:

arroyo was shukin and jiving with 7 ks last time i checked

GO REDS!

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='TecmoBengal9' post='266813' date='May 11 2006, 06:16 PM']Not a chance in hell we see Griffey tonight because of the weather. I'm glad he's back but it could still be a couple of days until he plays because the weather is supposed to stay rainy/cloudy/shitty for the next few days.[/quote]

i smell a WHOOPS coming soon.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='266796' date='May 11 2006, 05:14 PM']ya his 364 OBP and above average defense in CF is hurting this team..............
i want Griffey back because i think he can spark this team, BUT freel isnt hurting this team.[/quote]

Hi my names Ryan Freel and i helped the team out by batting .179 filling in for Griffey.

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='dieselman44' post='266899' date='May 11 2006, 10:11 PM']Hi my names Ryan Freel and i helped the team out by batting .179 filling in for Griffey.[/quote]

and gave them above avg defense.

Guest ThurmanMunster

[quote name='Storm' post='266930' date='May 11 2006, 10:46 PM']Wheres ThurmanDumbster?
fuck all you Griffey Haters :headbang:[/quote]

read todays game and my other post. u dont gotta be a dick about it.....

Guest bengalrick

thurman, wheres that thread for eating crow about kearns btw

i could dig through and find some gems you've said about kearns, i'd say ;)

lets get back roll now, w/ grif back... as i've been saying, he simply makes us a better team...

Guest ThurmanMunster

[quote name='bengalrick' post='266987' date='May 11 2006, 11:50 PM']thurman, wheres that thread for eating crow about kearns btw

i could dig through and find some gems you've said about kearns, i'd say ;)

lets get back roll now, w/ grif back... as i've been saying, he simply makes us a better team...[/quote]

i have hate for the people who talk about how great Kearns is yet the man cant even put together 1 good FULL season. i dont like when guys get big time hype but havent done shit in hteir career.

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='266993' date='May 12 2006, 12:01 AM']i have hate for the people who talk about how great Kearns is yet the man cant even put together 1 good FULL season. i dont like when guys get big time hype but havent done shit in hteir career.[/quote]

fair enough... but for him, it has been shit luck, and possibly his work ethic... but it is obvious that his ethic has changed, so i hope his luck does too... he's got all the tools to be a hall of famer imo...

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='bengalrick' post='267080' date='May 12 2006, 09:46 AM']fair enough... but for him, it has been shit luck, and possibly his work ethic... but it is obvious that his ethic has changed, so i hope his luck does too... he's got all the tools to be a hall of famer imo...[/quote]

i love griffey i always have, but so far his career in cincy has really only been an inconvenience whether it be his fault or not. I hope he returns healthy, but if he isnt going to be healthy for most of the year and rest of his time here then id prefer not to have him. my wish is that he returns and moves to corner OF or 1B to lengthen his career. He made a nice catch in CF, but 5 years ago he wouldnt of had to dive for that. He makes himself much more fragile by playing such a demanding position on the field.

I think Kearns injuries are more work ethic than bad luck. He isnt in very good shape and he kind of seems lazy to me when ive seen him in public and in the games.

Guest schotzee
Nice to see Griffey back and be able to save a game like that.He's always been one of my favorite players,even when he played for Seattle.

Archived