Trade proposals

If you would like to make a Reds trade proposal that you think would help the team, it would be interesting to debate them. Please keep them realistic.

I wouldnt mind seeing Adam Dunn for Carl Pavano. the only problem i see is the yanks are maybe looking for pitching but i dont know if the Boss could pass up on Dunn.

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='dieselman44' post='271469' date='May 22 2006, 01:43 PM']If you would like to make a Reds trade proposal that you think would help the team, it would be interesting to debate them. Please keep them realistic.
I wouldnt mind seeing Adam Dunn for Carl Pavano. the only problem i see is the yanks are maybe looking for pitching but i dont know if the Boss could pass up on Dunn.[/quote]

isnt he the one thats been injured all year and just had surgery again or is that their other pitcher who i cant think of his name?

u know i hate Dunn, but id rather have him than Pavano.

Guest ThurmanMunster
Adam Dunn and Jason Larue/Javier Valentin

for

Cliff Lee and Fausto Carmona or CC Sabathia

Indians are lookin to add a power bat, preferably in their OF. If they would consider trading Victor Martinez or Jhonny Peralta or Grady Sizemore then id be goin after one of them but i HIGHLY doubt those 3 will even be considered moving. Victor and Sizemore are signed relatively cheap to extensions this season.

Lee is a solid SP and Carmona is a future Star and CC everyone knows. The Indians have the depth to lose a SP, so this trade would help both teams. The Indians do not have a backup catcher worth a shit and Victor gets overplayed a lot. This would give them their power bat and a reliable catcher to help Victor out.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='271495' date='May 22 2006, 02:43 PM']Adam Dunn and Jason Larue/Javier Valentin

for

Indians are lookin to add a power bat, preferably in their OF. If they would consider trading Victor Martinez or Jhonny Peralta or Grady Sizemore then id be goin after one of them but i HIGHLY doubt those 3 will even be considered moving. Victor and Sizemore are signed relatively cheap to extensions this season.

Lee is a solid SP and Carmona is a future Star and CC everyone knows. The Indians have the depth to lose a SP, so this trade would help both teams. The Indians do not have a backup catcher worth a shit and Victor gets overplayed a lot. This would give them their power bat and a reliable catcher to help Victor out.[/quote]

I would pull that trigger. Only thing i doubt is the indians would get rid of 2 pitchers without getting one in return. BTW is this carmona guy in AAA or AA? BUt yes the trade would help both team.

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='dieselman44' post='271500' date='May 22 2006, 02:46 PM']Shit your right, i meant that Wang dude instead of Pavano.
Wang is only 26 and throws about 3 groundballs for every flyball[/quote]

i thoguth so. Chein Mein Wang or watever his name is, but id MUCH rather have Phillip Hughes from their minors, he is a future star.

[quote name='dieselman44' post='271505' date='May 22 2006, 02:49 PM']I would pull that trigger. Only thing i doubt is the indians would get rid of 2 pitchers without getting one in return. BTW is this carmona guy in AAA or AA? BUt yes the trade would help both team.[/quote]

i thought they called Carmona up, didnt they? they r just using him as RP i think for now, kinda like Minnesota did with Liriano (another guy id die for).

I think the Reds could give up Dunn + Larue/Valentin + a decent reliever/sp/AAA'r could work for Lee and Carmona or for CC and a minor leaguer.

i dont think the Reds will trade Dunn because his HRs sell tickets. I think Kearns is closer out the door than Dunn is and that saddens me. I do know that Cleveland has contacted us about Kearns a few times.

im up for trading ANYONE, but Lopez, Phillips, Edwin, Harang, Arroyo.

Guest WhoDeyForever

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='271495' date='May 22 2006, 02:43 PM']Adam Dunn and Jason Larue/Javier Valentin

for

Lee is a solid SP and Carmona is a future Star and CC everyone knows. The Indians have the depth to lose a SP, so this trade would help both teams. The Indians do not have a backup catcher worth a shit and Victor gets overplayed a lot. This would give them their power bat and a reliable catcher to help Victor out.[/quote]

I would defintaly do this trade. Cliff Lee is a beast. IMO one of the best pitchers in the whole league. Contact Krivsky now :lol:

Fuck if Kearns goes...

I might give up on the reds. He is batting above 300 for one reason or another this year...get rid of dunns ass.

Or trade Dunn and Kearns for Sizemore!

Guest whodey 85
Ryan Freel to the Tigers

for

RHP Fernando Rodney

I think Rodney is nasty and would really help the bullpen. His ERA is 1.67 and is blowing people away. For the Tigers, Freel could play 3B cause Inge sucks, LF cause Monroe is struggling, and split time with their young CF Granderson who is slumping. Plus, they really need a leadoff hitter cause Carlos Guillen with 5 SB is leading the team.

for

i thought these trades were to be realistic?!

a The Indians are looking for power right handed outfielders (hence, why they wanted kearns)

b NO WAY would they trade both Cliff Lee and CC for no pitching in return.

c NO WAY would CC be traded for Dunn... are you serious?!

d CC, Grady, Peralta, and Victor all were just signed longterm to the Indians, and Lee is soon to recieve another deal. They have just signed the future of thier franchise, no way would they trade to get Larue with 2 years left and Dunn with 2 years left.

I want to deal Freel or Larue for bullpen help. I don't know who we could even get for them since they are both relatively older than most guys, but I'm sure we could recieve a middle of the road reliever or two.

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='271608' date='May 22 2006, 05:04 PM']i thought these trades were to be realistic?!

a The Indians are looking for power right handed outfielders (hence, why they wanted kearns)

[b]b NO WAY would they trade both Cliff Lee and CC for no pitching in return.[/b]

c NO WAY would CC be traded for Dunn... are you serious?!

d CC, Grady, Peralta, and Victor all were just signed longterm to the Indians, and Lee is soon to recieve another deal. They have just signed the future of thier franchise, no way would they trade to get Larue with 2 years left and Dunn with 2 years left.
I want to deal Freel or Larue for bullpen help. I don't know who we could even get for them since they are both relatively older than most guys, but I'm sure we could recieve a middle of the road reliever or two.[/quote]

it was only Lee or CC so reread...I said CC probably wouldnt happen. They Indians have been shopping Lee and they would prefer a Righty, but have been said to just be lookin for a power bat now instead of just a righty.

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='whodey 85' post='271605' date='May 22 2006, 05:01 PM']Ryan Freel to the Tigers

for

RHP Fernando Rodney

I think Rodney is nasty and would really help the bullpen. His ERA is 1.67 and is blowing people away. For the Tigers, Freel could play 3B cause Inge sucks, LF cause Monroe is struggling, and split time with their young CF Granderson who is slumping. Plus, they really need a leadoff hitter cause Carlos Guillen with 5 SB is leading the team.[/quote]

they wont be trading Rodney. they are hoarding pitchers and have a few guys in AAA who are good hitters and can come up when needed. Inge is pretty solid tho.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='271641' date='May 22 2006, 05:45 PM']it was only Lee or CC so reread...I said CC probably wouldnt happen. They Indians have been shopping Lee and they would prefer a Righty, but have been said to just be lookin for a power bat now instead of just a righty.[/quote]

your exact quote "Cliff Lee and Fausto Carmona or CC Sabathia", makes it sound like Cliff Lee and Fausto or Cliff Lee and CC...

Either way, I doubt we see Dunn traded to the tribe, and if anything, it will be a power hitting righty like Kearns.

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='271665' date='May 22 2006, 06:49 PM']your exact quote "Cliff Lee and Fausto Carmona or CC Sabathia", makes it sound like Cliff Lee and Fausto or Cliff Lee and CC...

Either way, I doubt we see Dunn traded to the tribe, and if anything, it will be a power hitting righty like Kearns.[/quote]

sorry, thats one of those think it and type it, but it comes out diff. than u mean, so technically u were right. I meant Lee and Fausto for Dunn and Valentin/Larue and change OR CC for Dunn and Valentin/Larue and change.

And yes i dont think these will happen, but they could. Realisitcally we have no idea, but this is something that could help both teams in reality. The Tribe has a shitload of arms altho i doubt they'd trade CC. I could see them trading Lee and/or Carmona because they have been said to be shopping them. If we could get Lee and Carmona for Kearns, a Catcher and change id do it in a heartbeat. Then id turn and try and trade Dunn. Dunn seems like he wants to go to Houston so we should trade him cuz i doubt he is gonna be here after his contract and i dont want him here, all he does is hit long HRs and suck the majority of the time at the plate and in the field. He hasnt shown a sign of improving at all.

[quote]Ready, set, deal?
May 19 - Kerry Wood could be be dealt by the trading deadline if the Cubs can't get back in the pennant race, the Daily Herald reports. As is stands now, it's unlikely the Cubs will pick up his $13.5 million option for 2007, instead buying him out for $3 million.
But before that happens, the Cubs might try to re-sign Wood to a multiyear deal for a lot less. If they can't and are out of the chase, the Cubs would have to consider moving him.

The 28-year-old doesn't plan to weigh his contract situation until the season ends. "I'll go out every fifth day and concentrate on what I've got to do to give this team a chance to win, and when the season's over we can look back on it all and make that decision," Wood told the newspaper. "I absolutely would love to stay here."[/quote]

I wouldn't mind landing Kerry Wood despite arm difficulties recently. When healthy, dude can pitch. Also, maybe his best stuff is yet to be seen in the bullpen???

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='271693' date='May 22 2006, 07:50 PM']I wouldn't mind landing Kerry Wood despite arm difficulties recently. When healthy, dude can pitch. Also, maybe his best stuff is yet to be seen in the bullpen???[/quote]

cubs wont deal in division involving wood

Archived