Rumor has it, that Clemens is slightly interested in Cincinnati

Guest CrazyIrishman5

Guest CrazyIrishman5
Because he want to be closer to his son (Koby Clemens). Who is playing for the Lexington Legends. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/38.gif[/img]

Guest whodey 85

[quote name='CrazyIrishman5' post='271813' date='May 23 2006, 12:40 AM']Because he want to be closer to his son (Koby Clemens). Who is playing for the Lexington Legends. :eek2:[/quote]

I seriously doubt he would come here even if he could be closer to his son.

Guest CrazyIrishman5
[quote name='whodey 85' post='271815' date='May 23 2006, 12:43 AM']I seriously doubt he would come here even if he could be closer to his son.[/quote]
I think there a chance not only because of his son but because Clemens was born in Dayton.

Guest ThurmanMunster
he wants like 20 mill to sign for less than 1 year. we have no chance. the only rumor ive heard involving this was from retard Lance who doesnt know shit.

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='271836' date='May 23 2006, 01:22 AM']he wants like 20 mill to sign for less than 1 year. we have no chance. the only rumor ive heard involving this was from retard Lance who doesnt know shit.[/quote]

double it, and get him in here... clemons has always been my favorite pitcher, and considering he played for my least favorite team (yankees), that is saying something... i would seriously shit myself...

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='Master Shake' post='271947' date='May 23 2006, 10:20 AM']PIPE DREAM[/quote]

pack it up.... i'll smoke it :ninja:

Guest BengalBacker

Being born in Dayton (actually from Vandalia) wouldn't make any difference. He once said the best thing he remembers about it was seeing it in the rearview mirror when he left. (He was only like 8 or 9 years old)

Fuck Clemons. $20 million for one year???? :lmao:

[quote][b]Clemens signs with Astros[/b]
BY KEN DAVIDOFF
Newsday Staff Writer

May 30, 2006, 4:17 PM EDT

Roger Clemens is making yet another comeback with the Houston Astros, Newsday has learned. An announcement is expected as soon as today.

Clemens, 43, has signed a one-year deal that is believed to be worth about $3.5 million per month, which will probably equate to about $10.5 million for the season, depending on when exactly he returns to action.

The seven-time Cy Young Award winner, who turns 44 in August, has a career record of 344-172. After the Astros declined to offer him salary arbirtation last winter, they forefeited the right to re-sign him until May 1. But Clemens, who broke down physically at the end of last season, seemed intrigued by the idea of pitching only part of a season.

Clemens makes his full-time home in Houston, and his son Koby is a prospect in the Astros' system. While he identified the Yankees, Red Sox and Rangers as other candidates for his services, the Astros seemed a strong favorite - over retirement, as well - these past few months.[/quote]

:whistle:

Archived