X-Men 3

Okay, I just say X-men 3 and I haven't decided what I think about it. There are things I liked and things I didn't. Anybody know if this movie draws from more than one story line? I get the feeling that it does, but I haven't read many of the x-men comics and I was just curious. What does everybody think of the movie? They are already planning a Wolverine sequel, do you think they will do an X-4 that is a conintuation of these movies? It kind of seems unlikely, but they have left the door open.

(I don't think I've mentioned anything that might be a spoiler, but I realize this thread has the potential to ruin the movie for anyone that hasn't seen it.)

Guest ThurmanMunster
well, Jackman and Berry siad there isnt going to be anymore Xmen movies and then Jackman said he is doing his wolverine movie tho. I know a ton of Xmen fans are pissed because Gambit was never in the movies and Nightcrawler wasnt in X3. The director hinted towards the possibilty of an X4, but it seems really unlikely now. I think they left it open, just incase. Altho im pretty sure the comics was always left open too and i know these movies were influenced by the comics and the cartoons.

I thought that as well, but when I did a google search I found a number of stories that say Berry and Stewart are hinting that there may be more. The guy that played juggernaut said that when he signed for x3, he also signed for x4 and x5. I'm not sure if that means that they are doing them or 'if' then he has to do them.

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='whodey319' post='273881' date='May 26 2006, 08:51 PM']i loved gambit in one of the original xmen video games[/quote]

The first xmen game on the Sega Genesis was AWESOME.

Guest Bengals1181
this is supposed to be the last of the series (which would stink).

However, there have been heated talks of a Wolverine (likely) spinoff like Elektra, and one for Storm and Magneto as well.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='273882' date='May 26 2006, 08:55 PM']The first xmen game on the Sega Genesis was AWESOME.[/quote]
off the top of my head i think you could be 4 xmen. Gambit, wolverine, cyclops, and the last was either storm or beast

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='Bengals1181' post='273884' date='May 26 2006, 08:58 PM']this is supposed to be the last of the series (which would stink).
However, there have been heated talks of a Wolverine (likely) spinoff like Elektra, and one for Storm and Magneto as well.[/quote]

the wolverine is a givin, Jackman already said he is doing it.

[quote name='whodey319' post='273886' date='May 26 2006, 08:59 PM']off the top of my head i think you could be 4 xmen. Gambit, wolverine, cyclops, and the last was either storm or beast[/quote]

Gambit, Wolverine, Cyclops, and Nightcrawler.

U had Iceman, Storm, Rogue, and Archangel who could aid u 1 time thru the game.

i just played it a few weeks ago, great game.

Guest whodey 85
[quote name='Notorious' post='273932' date='May 27 2006, 12:41 AM']For those that go to see the movie... stay to the very end. After the credits...[/quote]

Fuck, I left durin the credits. What happens after the credits?

[quote name='whodey 85' post='273947' date='May 26 2006, 11:55 PM']Fuck, I left durin the credits. What happens after the credits?[/quote]

Yeah, I didn't stay through the credits either. I hear that they had stewart shoot three versions of something, but I'd like to know what happened as well.

Guest Bengals1181
saw it tonight, great movie!

At the same time, they kind of shit on the history of the comics/cartoon. Surprised Stan Lee approved the script.

Spoiler:

[color="#CCCCCC"]How can you kill off Xavier, Cyclops, Jean, and effectively kill (although seems like its not permanent) Magento, Mystique, and Rogue.

Cyclops I could live with, because James Mardsen is in the new superman movie and couldn't do both, plus Halle Berry was only going to come back if she had a bigger role. Killing off Scott put her second in command, and with the "killing" of Xavier, she's in charge for now. Plus I always thought Cyclops was a whiny little bitch anyway.

It would have rocked if they had gotten Gambit into the movie. They supposedly offered it to Josh Holloway (who supposedly turned it down, but he would have rocked) so they cut it from the movie. [/color]

Guest Bengals1181
Montana Bengal, whodey85, read below:

After the credits:
[color="#CCCCCC"]Xavier implanted his mind into that braind-dead body Mora McTaggert was working on earlier in the film. Remember when he was teaching the class about eithical decisions and he pulled of the video of her from Scotland?[/color]

Thanks!

Okay, so my question is...is this a combination of different story lines from the comics? Bengals1181, I agree with you on who you could let go. I'd really like to see another x men movie, but I think the most I'm going to get is a Wolverine one....I just don't see them doing x4....which is bummer. I thought Storm and Wolverine fighting in this one kicked ass.

Guest Bengals1181
they are planning on doing a Wolverine sequel, and a Magneto prequel.

I findi it hard to beleive, especially if X3 is a cash cow, that there won't be an X4. There are enough storylines to make 6 or 7 movies.

I could see X4 being like "X-Men, the next generation" focusing on the younger cast.

Guest ThurmanMunster

[quote name='sexybengal' post='274405' date='May 28 2006, 08:32 PM']what happens at the end[/quote]

read above they made it a really light color. And like the nosey MORON i am i read those spoilers and i havent seen the movie yet :(, ill see it tuesday.

Guest Bengals1181

for those that missed the part after the credits, you can watch it here:

[url="http://www.moviepooper.com/pooperpg2.html"]http://www.moviepooper.com/pooperpg2.html[/url] :ninja:

If you're computer's like mine, you'll need to turn the volume up a fair piece.

Guest mongoloido
There's no way they end a franchise that pulls in over $100million on the opening weekend. Maybe they toss a wolverine flick or two out (hope it's from his days in Japan, or from World War II, but that's just me), then recast and bring out a new trilogy.

Guest Bengals1181
[quote name='mongoloido' post='274724' date='May 29 2006, 11:31 PM']There's no way they end a franchise that pulls in over $100million on the opening weekend. Maybe they toss a wolverine flick or two out (hope it's from his days in Japan, or from World War II, but that's just me), then recast and bring out a new trilogy.[/quote]

agreed.

Guest mongoloido
I think they've got a good foundation for the future. Colossus, Kitty Pride, Iceman, and Angel are a good start that don't even need to be recast. Bringing in Havok (Cyclop's brother) could be interesting considering the events of this latest movie. I was always a big fan of Sunfire and Banshee (although I think they made Banshee a girl in the first X-Men movie), not to mention Longshot (his miniseries rocked). The trouble is filling the Wolverine, anti-hero void. Gambit is the best choice, but I can't imagine they'd risk an X-Men movie without a Wolverine (For a time there, it seemed Marvel wouldn't risk a single issue of any of its comics without a Wolverine siting).

I'd love to see them try a New Mutants spinoff, or even a Generation X spinoff, but I think they'll wait til Jackman is finished with the character, then go about replacing him. It'll be the closest thing to the searches for the next James Bond. The rest of the X-Men are superfluous. Anyone can play them (although I will miss not seeing Patrick Stewart)...

It did bug me a bit that they never really embraced the Cyclops character. He did have some great history in the comics.

[I just revealed far too much about my childhood and adolescence, didn't I?]

Guest Bengals1181
mongoloido, (spoilers):

[color="#CCCCCC"]I could see them coming up with a way to have patrick stewart still play the physical role of Xavier. We saw from the end that he will still do the voice.

I agree that they likely won't ever do a full fledged X-men movie without Wolverine (sans a Magneto prequel).

Adding Gambit would be cool, and I wish they had added more of Jubilee in the 3rd. They started to develop her in the second film.[/color]

Archived