Any concerns in regard to the O-line?

It was a costly win yesterday. Injuries never help, especially when playing a game againt the Stealers, who are after all a very good team. We just have to hope that the depth of the team can carry us until the starters are all recovered. No team makes it all the way through the season without suffering injuries, it's just a shame it happened to so many in one game so early in the season.

[quote name='Francisco d'Anconia' post='342769' date='Sep 17 2006, 10:15 PM']When Levi comes back Eric will move to center and Whitworth will play LG.[/quote]

Intersting. Not surprised but interesting. They think more of Whitworth as a guard than Guychek as a center at this point. So is Whitworth going to be really, really good or Guycheck may not be the center of the future after all ???????

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='342806' date='Sep 17 2006, 11:48 PM']No excuses!! The Bengals will win in Pissburgh regardless of who is on the field!!
MULLY[/quote]

Do you really beleive this?

Yes we have more depth than ever. However with each loss there is a drop. In some cases a big drop. In others a small drop. Even on the rare occasion that the replaceent becomes better than the starter-----you still are losing your depth.

I agree you must be able to overcome----but you can do so only to a point. Outside of QB injuries to the O-Line and D-line are the ones that can cost you a season. Let's face it, I love Rudi to death but Wilson/Watson and later Perry can get the job done if the o-line is opening holes.

Again I beleive we can withstand the lose of a starter. Likely does not matter which one. Howver to lose more than one ------------------don't like it at all.

Here is to a heathly return of Levi !!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='TheWretchedMass' post='342965' date='Sep 18 2006, 09:21 AM']I still believe that the initial hit had NOTHING to do with Carson's injury. The way Kimo hit him, Carson should have fallen to HIS SIDE, instead he fell straight back....

It's what happened AFTER Kimo was ALREADY wrapped around Carson's knee that caused the injury.

I still say that Kimo grabbed and planted Carson's foot on the ground and then you can CLEARLY see Kimo twist his shoulders, that is when you see his left hand/arm come flying up in the air.

Only AFTER Kimo's arm comes up does Carson actually go down.

He threw his left arm up as a "I didn't do anything wrong, I didn't hit the QB late" pose, but in all actuality, him acting like he didn't do anything is when he truly made the dirty move.

[img]http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20060109/images/sp_bengals.jpg[/img]

In this picture, Kimo's left arm is on the ground, at the end of the play, that same hand is WAY up in the air. Look at that pic, then imagine Kimo shoulders going in a counterclockwise motion.

THATS when it happened.[/quote]

Not going to argue but wanted to ask a question.

When you are on the ground holding on to someones leg. Not just anyone, a 240 lb professional QB that works out likely 4-5 times a week and is very strong ----------- so how are you going to get him on the ground???????????

At that point you have no leverage, you must turn, push, twist or something to that effect or you will never bring him down. Your head is down and no whistle has blown. Your not going to let go. Your going to bring him down.

Steinbach was engaged in a block. Kimo came off the block and went low. That can be questioned as he did not have to go low, he could have stayed high. As far as the rest, your not bringing down an NFL QB by grabing his leg and not turing, twisting or something in that regard.

Archived