Any concerns in regard to the O-line?

Good thing we were playing a bad team.

Steinbach goes to LT
Whitworth plays LG after playing LT last week
Guy---Chek (sp) playing center

I think we will be fine if Levi comes back. That puts Steinbach at LG and GuyChek at C. If Levi isn't back, this will hurt as Pitt is one of the better Defenses in football. For those that are not concerned----do you realize we gave up 4 sacks today????

My thought -----------

We seemed to run more left with this lineup than right?

When we run to the right, Steinbach pulls OFTEN. Whitworth does not move well enough to pull. At this point in time, Whitworth is more equipped to block forword than to angle block, therfore more running to the left than to the right.

Guest LeakyBengal
I'm very worried. Not just with the O-line but also with Dexter being out. IMO Pollack isn't as big of a loss as Dexter is. Also, are receivers seem to be really banged up.

I think Braham being out is huge. That 3rd or 4th sack of Carson, Jesus, whoever it was at center was standing out in the middle with his thumb up his ass not blocking anyone. That dude just slipped right past him without being touched. Fuck it though, this is a new team. We can win against pissburgh even with those guys out. No excuses!! The Bengals will win in Pissburgh regardless of who is on the field!!
MULLY

People forget that Whitworth is a rookie, and Cauciauc is still practically a rookie. These players are still developing. Braham has already been developed. Given time these guys will be just fine. Heck, people are cussing them - but the offense still got some serious yards yesterday - what's the problem! OK I agree Braham is needed back especially for the stealers. But be patient with Whitworth and Gauciauc.

IMO Dextor Jackson is a worrying loss against the stealers - Frye's 75 yard completion to Braylon Edwards with KK covering is plenty evidence. DJax would've gobbled that one up.

Guest BengalsOwn
[quote name='EnglishBengal' post='342877' date='Sep 18 2006, 05:58 AM']People forget that Whitworth is a rookie, and Cauciauc is still practically a rookie. These players are still developing. Braham has already been developed.[/quote]

Yeah, what's your point there? The fact that our O-line isn't as effective without Braham? That's obvious.

[quote]- what's the problem! OK I agree Braham is needed back especially for the stealers. But be patient with Whitworth and Gauciauc.[/quote]

The problem is that our franchise QB had reconstructive knee surgery 8 months ago. And he was on the ground a lot on Sunday. Against the Browns. The stealers are a lot different than the Browns.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='342880' date='Sep 18 2006, 06:11 AM']The stealers are a lot different than the Browns.[/quote]
They have a winning record, for one.

Look, I want Braham in there as much as the next guy. He has the experience. But Bluto and Whitworth are going to have to develop as well. Sure, Pitts is trial by fire but what better way to be battle tested than by going up agains the current Super Bowl franchise.

And I'm sure it's going to be extra protection for Carson. So long as everyone does their job (AND THAT MEANS YOU, STEINBACH!), things'll be alright.

As for Keanu, I'm not happy with his coverage but you can't blame him for that home run pass. Tory James was getting whipped yesterday and were it not for KK, the final score Sunday would've been 34-24.

Guest schotzee

[quote name='Bengals_12th_Man' post='342800' date='Sep 17 2006, 11:35 PM']How long is Braham to be out anyways? :unsure:[/quote]

I think Marv said he had a deep bone bruise in the knee.Sounds like a couple weeks anyway.
Heres' an article discussing what it is and how you treat it.http://www.thedisabledlist.com/treatment-bone-bruise

What is a knee bone bruise? Bone bruises are also known as periosteal. The most painful bruises, they can sometimes take months to heal. What happens in a bone bruise is a compressive force pushes the in on itself. When this happens the outer layer of the bone, which is fibrous, breaks down. This leads to leaking of fluid.

The term knee bone bruise is a misnomer, as the knee isn't a bone. The effected area is actually the tip of the femur where it connects to the knee.

What the symptoms of a knee bone bruise? You're going to have soreness and pain to the touch as you do with a normal bruise, but a bone bruise will typically not swell. It'll be difficult to walk, and there may be discoloration in the area of the knee bone bruise.

How do you treat a knee bone bruise?

Ice
Rest
Pain relief

There is no magical bullet or cure for a knee bone bruise, but time does a marvelous job.

The recovery time for a knee bone bruise ranges from days to weeks. Keeping mobility is critical to treating a knee bone bruise.

We can go into battle without Pollack, Jackson, or Braham. We have depth people and our team is REALLY good. If we can go AT LEAST 2-2 these next four games it gives everyone a month to get healthy and puts us at 4-2 for the season... not too shabby

[quote name='Gonzoid' post='342911' date='Sep 18 2006, 07:41 AM']They have a winning record, for one.

Look, I want Braham in there as much as the next guy. He has the experience. But Bluto and Whitworth are going to have to develop as well. Sure, Pitts is trial by fire but what better way to be battle tested than by going up agains the current Super Bowl franchise.

And I'm sure it's going to be extra protection for Carson. So long as everyone does their job (AND THAT MEANS YOU, STEINBACH!), things'll be alright.

As for Keanu, I'm not happy with his coverage but you can't blame him for that home run pass. Tory James was getting whipped yesterday and were it not for KK, the final score Sunday would've been 34-24.[/quote]

Why are you calling Steinbach out? Please don't tell me you're one of those idiots that blame him for Palmer's injury.

And how did Keanu prevent them from scoring 24 pts?

[quote name='Hooky' post='342924' date='Sep 18 2006, 08:35 AM']Why are you calling Steinbach out? Please don't tell me you're one of those idiots that blame him for Palmer's injury.[/quote]
There's no idiocy attached to it. Steinbach whiffed on Kimo and was watching the pass instead of blocking. In my eyes, he has to atone for that.

Keep in mind, I still call Anthony Munoz soft for not decking Keith Gary back in '83.

[quote name='Gonzoid' post='342927' date='Sep 18 2006, 08:40 AM']There's no idiocy attached to it. Steinbach whiffed on Kimo and was watching the pass instead of blocking. In my eyes, he has to atone for that.

Keep in mind, I still call Anthony Munoz soft for not decking Keith Gary back in '83.[/quote]

That's ridiculous. He took Kimo out of the play. He didn't know that there was a hit planned for 5 seconds after the throw. It was a dirty fucking mob hit, please don't blame a Bengal for that shit. Unless your a Stealers apologist.

[quote name='Hooky' post='342947' date='Sep 18 2006, 09:02 AM']That's ridiculous. He took Kimo out of the play. He didn't know that there was a hit planned for 5 seconds after the throw.[/quote]
It wasn't 5 seconds after the throw. It was half a second, one second max. The ball was leaving Palmer's hands as Kimo started his dive.

You finish the play and make sure the guy your blocking is out of the play until the whistle blows. Steinbach didn't even do that. He whiffed. [i]Whiffed[/i]. Watch the footage. Steinbach just daintily blocks him and even looks down at Palmer as he starts his walk down field.

Unforgivable in my eyes.

[quote name='Gonzoid' post='342950' date='Sep 18 2006, 09:10 AM']It wasn't 5 seconds after the throw. It was half a second, one second max. The ball was leaving Palmer's hands as Kimo started his dive.

You finish the play and make sure the guy your blocking is out of the play until the whistle blows. Steinbach didn't even do that. He whiffed. [i]Whiffed[/i]. Watch the footage. Steinbach just daintily blocks him and even looks down at Palmer as he starts his walk down field.

Unforgivable in my eyes.[/quote]

I was exaggerating on the 5 seconds, but Kimo did not have an affect on the play. So Steinbach did his job. I guess we'll agree to disagree.

I still believe that the initial hit had NOTHING to do with Carson's injury. The way Kimo hit him, Carson should have fallen to HIS SIDE, instead he fell straight back....

It's what happened AFTER Kimo was ALREADY wrapped around Carson's knee that caused the injury.

I still say that Kimo grabbed and planted Carson's foot on the ground and then you can CLEARLY see Kimo twist his shoulders, that is when you see his left hand/arm come flying up in the air.

Only AFTER Kimo's arm comes up does Carson actually go down.

He threw his left arm up as a "I didn't do anything wrong, I didn't hit the QB late" pose, but in all actuality, him acting like he didn't do anything is when he truly made the dirty move.

[img]http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20060109/images/sp_bengals.jpg[/img]

In this picture, Kimo's left arm is on the ground, at the end of the play, that same hand is WAY up in the air. Look at that pic, then imagine Kimo shoulders going in a counterclockwise motion.

THATS when it happened.

[quote name='TheWretchedMass' post='342965' date='Sep 18 2006, 09:21 AM']I still believe that the initial hit had NOTHING to do with Carson's injury. The way Kimo hit him, Carson should have fallen to HIS SIDE, instead he fell straight back....

It's what happened AFTER Kimo was ALREADY wrapped around Carson's knee that caused the injury.

I still say that Kimo grabbed and planted Carson's foot on the ground and then you can CLEARLY see Kimo twist his shoulders, that is when you see his left hand/arm come flying up in the air.

Only AFTER Kimo's arm comes up does Carson actually go down.

He threw his left arm up as a "I didn't do anything wrong, I didn't hit the QB late" pose, but in all actuality, him acting like he didn't do anything is when he truly made the dirty move.

[img]http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20060109/images/sp_bengals.jpg[/img]

In this picture, Kimo's left arm is on the ground, at the end of the play, that same hand is WAY up in the air. Look at that pic, then imagine Kimo shoulders going in a counterclockwise motion.

THATS when it happened.[/quote]

That reminds me. What was that roughing the passer call all about? The one right after the big Braylon Edwards bomb. Did it have anything to do with the Palmer hit? I didn't hear the whole explanation. Just something about the knee.

[quote name='Hooky' post='342980' date='Sep 18 2006, 09:32 AM']That reminds me. What was that roughing the passer call all about? The one right after the big Braylon Edwards bomb. Did it have anything to do with the Palmer hit? I didn't hear the whole explanation. Just something about the knee.[/quote]
Landon was tripped into Frye. That's my opinion. I wish there was an AVI of the CBS replay because it was clear he'd been tripped by a Brownie.

Guest ThurmanMunster

[quote name='Francisco d'Anconia' post='342769' date='Sep 17 2006, 10:15 PM']When Levi comes back Eric will move to center and Whitworth will play LG.[/quote]

wow. thats what i was going to say and then i saw Francisco said it and well now i feel like a genius cuz he knows what he is talkin about!

B) - and since i had a smart though, this will help prove that im right when i say on the Reds board the Griffey is more of an inconvenience than help to our Reds team.

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='Gonzoid' post='342993' date='Sep 18 2006, 09:42 AM']Landon was tripped into Frye. That's my opinion. I wish there was an AVI of the CBS replay because it was clear he'd been tripped by a Brownie.[/quote]

landon made his dive/tackle at Frye when the ball was still in his hands. That was a bullshit call.

I meant, what was the call? You can't ht a QB low ala Kimo. I was just wondering what the ruling was. You can't hit them high and you can't hit them low? Are QBs going to start where jerseys with a small dot on it where you're allowed to hit them?

Archived