A must read about Odell

Guest BengalBacker

Guest mongoloido
[quote name='oldschooler' post='354798' date='Sep 30 2006, 04:58 PM']The doors are opened for Ricky Williams in Miami. And he even quit on his team.
Why are the doors still open there for him ? Because he`s a good football player
that can help their team win.[/quote]

1) We won't have proof the are open for Ricky to come back until next year.

2) Ricky is playing for League minimum

3) Ricky is the backup RB to a solid starter

4) Ricky is a proven talent, and multi-year ProBowler.

If the Dolphins bring him back, it's for almost no money, in a backup capacity. Should he screw up, it doesn't cost the team a starter, or much money. I think it'd be much different for Odell.

not really phased by this article, odell is young and stupid, and like many he thinks he has an "S" on his chest. hopefully he will realize that the league means business and that its time to grow up. I dont think that the team hates him nor do i think we let first round talent taken in the second hit the streets after some dumb mistakes. with him gone for the year the team is now focused on what they need to be focused on and hopefully odell does his best to stay in "football shape" for the 07 season.

with all this being said, im glad i didnt buy my thurman jersey at the start of the season as planned! i guess now ill have to get a CJ or Palmer.

[quote name='steggyD' post='354900' date='Sep 30 2006, 08:06 PM']I bet there's even more to the story of Odell then we are being told. He does get less credit around the team than Henry, but has fewer legal problems. There has to be more than meets the eye, some behind the scenes problems, or some knowledge teamwise of what Odell does that isn't out in public yet, or may never be. That's just my opinion.[/quote]

Why isn't there one player that will stand by Odell? Not one.

What did he say or do on the sidelines or in the lockeroom to cause there to be no allegiance or friendship of any kind to him? None.

These are professional ball players. Its in their interest to keep talent around them but they are more than willing to throw him in front of the train. Carson has made himself the leader and now spokesman for the players and not for Marvin or the Brown family. It just so happens Marvin and the Brown family agree with the players on this issue. Everyone is in agreement against Odell. No one is willing to stand up for him.

The guy is a pariah in the lockeroom.

[quote name='Jeb' post='355046' date='Oct 1 2006, 04:10 AM']Why isn't there one player that will stand by Odell? Not one.

What did he say or do on the sidelines or in the lockeroom to cause there to be no allegiance or friendship of any kind to him? None.

These are professional ball players. Its in their interest to keep talent around them but they are more than willing to throw him in front of the train. Carson has made himself the leader and now spokesman for the players and not for Marvin or the Brown family. It just so happens Marvin and the Brown family agree with the players on this issue. Everyone is in agreement against Odell. No one is willing to stand up for him.

The guy is a pariah in the lockeroom.[/quote]
What makes you think this? I haven't heard any of the players say anything negative about Odell as a teammate. What do you expect the players to do? Have a sit in until Odell is reinstated? They are busy worrying about the Patriots and I'm sure that if Odell can get right with the NFL and managment that the players would welcome him back.

Archived