Anybody watch the Indy/Denver game ?

Watching the Indy/Denver game last night reminded me of our o-line last season. Manning just sits back there and has a good 5-7 seconds to find an open man.

It WAS that way around here last season and it IS NOT that way this season. This is not the same team that we fielded last year. Until the o-line improves-------we will struggle.

Is Carson 100%-----this guy missed most the minicamps and did not play much preseason. He continues to just miss guys.......that I can live with. this I am not so sure. Atlanta lines up on a 3rd in long late in the game. I'm sitting in the stands and I know they are blitzing-----if I know it, Carson knows it. This results in Tj and Henry in man to man coverage-------find the hot read and adjust or throw it up and let Henry/Tj make a play. 9 out of 10 times Tj/Henry will either make the play or knock it down-------DO NOT take a SACK !!!

[quote name='Revolution #9' post='375991' date='Oct 30 2006, 06:03 PM']I saw it. Great game. Peyton Manning was a monster--it looked like it was scripted. If he can do that in the playoffs--watch out. Yeah, I know he's got the reputation as a choker but he will win it all someday.[/quote]

Point being------he has all day back there. Remember when Carson did as well?

[quote name='cwing' post='376020' date='Oct 30 2006, 05:26 PM']Point being------he has all day back there. Remeber when Carson did as well?[/quote]

One has to wonder when/if Richie comes back when he'll actually BE back. He's been out sometime and his conditioning could have suffered as a result of it.

I think Whitworth has showed us why we drafted him in the second round and has proven himself capable of playing either position on the left side of the line.

Ghiaciuc is interesting to me. He seems to do JUST enough to get by. He gives Carson JUST enough time which leads to him getting drilled after the pass. I suppose that is better than him getting hit BEFORE the pass which was common occurence a couple weeks back.

Unfortunately, it gets no easier this week with Baltimore. The return on the experience Ghiaciuc is getting now won't be seen until late this season or next year.

So goes the world of offensive linemen, you hardly notice when they're clicking but you can't take your eyes off them when it's not.

Archived