Cowher is Tony Dungy

bengalfanga

I am watching that game yesterday and its not like Cowher did anything to really lose the game except for that FG attempt but it seems that he cannot get them over the top. 4 out of 5 losses in the champiosnhip game with 2 of them in your building. That is tough At least they make it to the playoffs. I live in the Miami area and the Dolphins-prior to this year were the same way. make the playoffs, lose before the superbowl. Its a knock on Cowher and Dungy but at least they get them to the playoffs. Myabe the steelers will make a move for gruden this offseason.

so looking at the poor history of the bengals, would you rather make the playoffs almost assured each year you will not make it to the super bowl or would you like a few 8-8's mixed in with some playoff appearances? me personally, i would be sicker than sick if I was a steeler fan today.

Guest Claptonrocks
[quote name='bengalfanfla' date='Jan 24 2005, 01:08 PM']I am watching that game yesterday and its not like Cowher did anything to really lose the game except for that FG attempt but it seems that he cannot get them over the top. 4 out of 5 losses in the champiosnhip game with 2 of them in your building. That is tough At least they make it to the playoffs. I live in the Miami area and the Dolphins-prior to this year were the same way. make the playoffs, lose before the superbowl. Its a knock on Cowher and Dungy but at least they get them to the playoffs. Myabe the steelers will make a move for gruden this offseason.

so looking at the poor history of the bengals, would you rather make the playoffs almost assured each year you will not make it to the super bowl or would you like a few 8-8's mixed in with some playoff appearances? me personally, i would be sicker than sick if I was a steeler fan today.
[right][post="38663"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
Cowher is one of the best coaches in the NFL. The Steelers had a good run. They just ran into a team that has won 31 of its last 33 games.. Only one team from the AFC gets to the Super Bowl and the rest sit at home and watch.

Going off topic here, but Pittsburgh made mental mistakes that got them big and some bad play calling.

On the Bettis fumble early on the 4th and 1, I think he went the wrong way. If you watch the replays, Faneca moves from left guard and pulls across the line. Hartings at centre, shades his guy to his left as well. I think Bettis was meant to follow Faneca but made the wrong move or had the wrong play in his head.

If the Steelers were using Faneca as a decoy, well, that's a pretty gutsy call and doesn't make sense because a NE defender shoots into the slot Faneca creates by pulling. Plus, he's an all pro Guard...you don't use him as a decoy, you use him to block. Someone had the wrong play. Bettis moves towards Faneca's empty spot and gets tackled then fumbles.

New England makes them pay with a touchdown.

When they had the ball at NE 1. That float pass to Plaxico was garbage. You pound that ball on 1st and 2nd...if you didn't get it..then fake a handoff on third and then throw the fade. You're a rushing team. Don't try this cute shit.

Then...go for the fucking touchdown!

Even if they didn't make it, New England gets the ball on their 1.5 yard line. That affects your play calling. Pittsburgh was getting some pressure on Brady and that 25 yarder aside, they were controlling Dillon.

Weis calls some innovative shit, but even he wouldn't have risked a pass. They would have rushed Dillon to get some more space. Possibly on the first two downs. If they don't make the third down...NE punts from near their end zone...and Pittsburgh gets good field position.

Seargeant Slaughter fucked up the play call on that big time.

But back to the question...I think I'd prefer the Baltimore type of thing. Superbowl one year...mediocre for a while and then reload for another superbowl run..although it hasn't happened for them. HA HA

I want both. You can't compete for a Superbowl if you don't make the playoffs [i]first[/i].
I don't want mediocrity or worse anymore.
I'd be happy if we made the playoffs next year, period, but I can see the frustration from having a playoff caliber team year in and out and never advanceing to the Superbowl (aka Philly until this year)

Cowher is a good coach but..... look the bills won a bunch of games and no super bowls. It has to be frustrating to be good but not good enough. I thought the steelers had had enough of him after last year but they surprised us all this year.

Just a thought but sometimes a new fresh voice with the same talent gets different results.

not yet.. he is fuckin workin on it though.. he is the worst personel guy ever.. let go of lynch << fan favoriter pernial probowler.. cause he was old.. what does he do go to the pro bowl.... brings in old veterans what do they do... go down like fuckin weeds hit IR pick up a paycheck and look old and fuckin slow... fuckin gruden

Archived